Chapter 8

***JOSH’S POV***

“Green tea frappachino!” a voice called.

“That’s you, Ari,” I loosened my grip on her hand and watched her as she walked over to the counter and got her drink before walking back over to our table, “I’ll never understand how you can drink something that’s green like that,” I softly poked her cheek once she had sat down.

“Mmm, it’s just so yummy!” she took a sip and looked into my eyes, a mischievous look on her face, “So about your and Mike’s convo earlier…” She paused for a second, grinning at me, and my heart thudded in my chest, “Were you talking about proposing to me?” she winked.

“Umm, what makes you think that?” I asked. Hopefully it’s not too obvious that I’m freaking out.

“Oh, I don’t know. Because we had just been talking about Ian wanting us to be married and then Mike said something that made you say something about ‘asking me when the time is right’ and then you tried to cover it up—correction: are still trying to cover it up,” she said, still with an evil grin, which caused me to sigh, “Come on, Ramsay. Come clean,” her grin grew an edge of smugness.

I took a deep breath, “Well, I mean of course I’ve been thinking about marrying you,” I said, rather shyly. And I have. Ever since we started dating. I know, I know, that’s usually something the girl does. But I really did. I often dreamt about how it would be living in the same house as her with a bunch of… cats running around. She knows how I don’t like kids.

But if she wanted kids, I think I could grow to like them a little more.

Maybe.

Ari smiled, “I think about marrying you sometimes, too.”

Is it overly feminine to say my heart kind of fluttered as she said that?

Yes?

Yeah, that’s what I thought.

“That’s good,” I got back to the point, “I just don’t know how to ask a girl to marry me, you know?” I paused.  I mean, it’s true. I’ve never really thought about how I want to do it. Sure, the whole get down on one knee thing and say all the normal stuff, but I’m thinking it needs to be something more special and personalized. And perfect. Because Ari deserves something like that, “But hey, I never said any of this. I still want you to get emotional and be surprised if I do ask you.”

“If?” she raised her eyebrows at me.

She’s so damn cute.

“When,” I corrected and chuckled, “But you didn’t hear that from me,” I said, standing up from my seat, taking her hand and pulling her with me.

It was perfect getting to hear Ariana tell me that she’d thought about marrying me. I mean, I’ve heard her say it to Matt before and all, but it’s different when she’s telling me.

It really got me thinking.

“Whatever you say, Ramsay,” Ariana said, and I think she slightly squeezed my hand before we walked out the door of starbucks together.

We didn’t say much on the walk back to my apartment, but occasionally I’d peek over at her and she’d be smiling, which made me grin even more than I already was. Her smile really is contagious.

[A/N: Sorry, these last two chapters were basically the shortest chapters ever. I was having major writers block. Let's hope the next chapter's better and longer. c;]