Chapter 7

(A/N) Someone blurted out in the middle of english what show and character I was writing for today, so now everyone in that class knows I write fanfiction and have a crush on Akira Kurusu.

End me.

THIRD PERSON POV

THIRD PERSON POV

Ann Takamaki stood by the entrance to Shujin academy, holding a black and white cat with a yellow collar close to her chest.The feline purred as he was held in his love's arms, gently rubbing his head against her chest.

"Honestly, where is he? He texted me he'd be here twenty minutes ago..." She spoke out loud to herself. It wasn't like she didn't care about Morgana, but she had to admit that it was starting to get annoying hearing Morgana call her 'Lady Ann' every five minutes. Akira agreed to take him back today, and he told to her to wait by the school at eight in the morning. In the freezing cold.

Clutching her jacket closer to her body with her free hand, she shivered as a slight breeze blew past her, blowing her blonde hair with the wind. Her grip on the cat tightened as she felt his fur puff out and his tail and ears grow cold; a sign that he was trying to heat himself up.

She felt herself grow stiff as a unfamiliar hand grasped her shoulder. Ann quickly turned around, Morgana still in her arms.

"Oh, it's you! Don't scare me like that!"

Akira Kurusu stood still, a sharp yet annoyed glint that could be seen from behind the lens of his black-framed glasses. A dark maroon scarf was layered over his neck, covering up his mouth from visibility. Small puffs of white breath emerged from the small openings in the long piece of cloth. He didn't say a word, just held out his palms like a little kid asking for candy.

Ann stared at the boy, curiously, before sighing in relief and handing him the cat. "Oh thank you so much," she started, brushing some strands of hair out of her face, "I was worried you weren't going to show up!"

Morgana looked up at his 'owner', a light purr emitting from his mouth as his eyes closed in joy. Akira stared down, emotionless. Once he may have smiled back at the cat, but all happiness in his life had been devoted to something much more precious.

Ann stood idly by in the background, shifting from one foot to another. Her hands gripped the handle of her school bag. She honestly didn't know what to do; She'd given Morgana back to Akira, but it'd be kind of awkward to just leave so soon and suddenly.

She coughed into her fist, gaining the attention of the boy beside her. "So," she started, "I saw you talking with another girl the other day. Do you know her?" She forced the question out of her mouth, a vile feeling rising in the back of her throat.

"Yes."

Her grip tightened.

"I'm guessing you haven't introduced us to her then?"

"No."

The smile on Ann's face started to fall.

"Are you ever going to show her to us?"

Akira fell quiet.

Ann could feel her fingernails gouging deeper into her fists, causing small marks to form on her hands. Damn it, why couldn't he just speak like a normal human being?!

Ever since she fell for the messy haired phantom thief, she'd tried everything to gain his attention. From trying to make him jealous to just plain out acting overly-friendly, nothing worked. It was deeply starting to irritate her, but nonetheless, she kept trying.

But this new girl could ruin everything. If being with her for only one day changed him so much, imagine what could happen after one week?! One month?! One year?!

Her mind swirled around at the hurtful scenarios she imagined with Akira and this mystery girl, as she felt herself fall into a never ending rabbit hole. Yet the entire time, a small grin was clearly visible, albeit strained.

Straightening herself out, Ann took a deep sigh before she spoke once more. "Well," Her bright blue eyes shined bright, "you should introduce us to her! We are your friends, after all."

"We'll see." Was all Akira said, before turning around and walking away, Morgana in hand. The cat meowed curiously, confused onto why Akira was being so curt and tense towards Lady Ann.

Once out of public view, Morgana started to actually talk. "What was that all about? Plus, it's a school day! Why are you going this way?"

"Shut up." Was all Akira replied with, letting the two of them walk alone in an awkward silence.

The black-furred cat simply watched as Akira walked down a very familiar path. He didn't protest, just simply sat still in the man's hands.

Shifting Morgana to one arm, Akira strolled towards a glass door, before taking out a pair of keys from his pockets, and unlocking the door.

The LeBlanc Cafe was surprisingly empty. Only dust particles and the lingering smell of coffee remained.

Once inside, he threw Morgana onto the ground. Luckily cats always land on their feet, so no harm was done.

"You're staying here until I need you. Got it?" Akira stated without emotion. He stared down at the feline, awaiting a response. Only a meager whimper could be heard.

"Good." Akira left the room, leaving Morgana alone with his thoughts.

(A/N) Are people actually reading this?? Like, do y'all even care to read this? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy writing this story, but if no one reads it then I might as well keep it to myself