Chapter 2

(A/N) Lots of swearing, so beware (feeling edgy rn sooooo)

THIRD PERSON POV

Akira sat idly by in his assigned seat, taking a deep breath as he looked outside the window next to him.

He couldn't fucking believe it. After all of these years, after all this time of being stuck with only himself, she finally comes back.

Should he be mad at her? His gut was practically screaming at him. Yes, he should be pissed. She fucking left him, damn it! For eight years! Anyone would be mad at that!

And yet, he couldn't find it in himself to hold any sort of grudge towards her. To be fair though, he never could. Even in grade school when she accidently dropped his lunchtray, he forgave her. He always did, and he always will.

Although he did have to admit, he should've been more grateful. It was surprising that she started attending the same school after such a long time of being apart, let alone her having the same classes as him. Hell, even her sitting only two seats away from him seemed like a miracle.

He wondered how she would've reacted if she sat right next to him...

"Akira!" an eraser was thrown towards his head, hitting him dead center on his forehead. "Try to pay attention to the lesson, won't you? Geez, this is the fifth time this month..." The teacher sighed in annoyance as he shook his head, before going back to the chalkboard.

The black-haired boy simply frowned at his educators words, before turning to gaze at something much more... Important.

He blushed as his eyes roamed her body, devouring every detail of her flawless skin. Over the past years, she had aged wonderfully. From the way her body seemed to curve perfectly at just every angle, to her exquisite lustrous (H/C) locks that perfectly fell around her face.

If hearts could have popped out of his eyes, they would've.

(Y/N) involuntarily shivered, gaining the feeling of someone's eyes boring into her back. Ignoring the teachers current lesson, she turned around.

Two gray eyes, hidden behind the lenses of glasses.

She immediately shifted back, breath now shaky.

Something was definitely up with Akira. She knew that for a fact now. What is was though, she had no idea.

Her mind contemplated questioning him about his strange actions, but soon decided against it. Akira may have previously been her best friend, but this wasn't the past. Things change. Humans change. This is how life moves forward. But wasn't that always for the greater good? So that way life will change?

Maybe if he had made some friends at the school, she could ask them about Akira. He had to have made an acquaintance, at least.

Soon, it was settled. Once school ended, she would ask students roaming the halls about the black-haired boy, and see if she could get any information out of them.

But for now, all she could do was wait. (Y/N) sighed as she looked at the clock hanging above the door; Thirty minutes left. Bored, she opened up her pencil case to see what she could fiddle with to pass the time. Her mechanical pencil seemed really interesting right about now...

(A/N) I wanna cry rn because?? This is literally? The best thing i've ever written??? Like i'm so proud of it even though i'm only two chapters in I love this book so much-