Nightmares

When hikari has nightmares about things it's never the exact event. For example when she dreams about her parents they are sharks and without reliving anything during the dream she still feels the same emotions. Now she was dreaming of a snake wrapping around her leg, she was unable to move but she could see. It went higher and higher. She stood there looking around frantically then a wave of grief hit her. She was mourning kakashi.
She jolted awake locking eyes with kakashi who shook her awake. It looked like he just woke up. She tried to catch her breath. He scooted back down a little to give her space.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you up" she sat up too
"Do you have those a lot"
"No just when im under a lot of stress" she rubbed her eyes
"It's alright I understand. If you don't mind me asking what were you dreaming about?"
She hesitated for a moment. Looking down at his hands.
"I dreamt something happened to you."

The light illuminated her face, kakashi starred into her dark blue eyes. She couldn't return his gaze. It was obvious to him she felt embarrassed. She was really worried.
He grabbed his pillow and put it next to hers.
"You don't need to worry about me"

"Of corse I'm worried about you, how could I not be" she bit her lip and her face flushed. her eyes were about to tear up.

She wasn't as tough as she made everyone think. He never got to see her vulnerable like this alone. A part of him hated seeing it though, thinking about her struggle made him uneasy.

He grabbed ahold of one of her legs and pulled her down towards him then wrapped his arms around her. His chin was lying on the top of her head.

Hikari's eyes widened and she put a hand on his chest

He laid down bringing her with them.

"You can worry in the morning, right now just relax. Nothing is gonna happen to me. Nothing is gonna happen to you. Even if we can't handle it on our own we have Minato sensei, Seiko sensei, Kushina, and the whole village." His fingers ever so slightly moved across her skin, sending a shiver down her spine. Why, why did she want him to touch her. Why did she want him to show her affection. Why was he so different.

"Don't let go" She clenched his shirt and her face heated up

He brushed hair behind her ear

Hikari could hear his heart beat. It soothed her, along with Kakashi running his hand in circles on her back. But she didn't want to fall asleep yet. She wanted this moment to last.

She returned the favor lightly running her fingers from his shoulder down to his elbow. He tensed up. She could feel the was his arm flexed while he moved it.

"Kakashi"

"Hm"

"Could we do this more"

He chuckled and nodded