You make ugly words beautiful

"Dear Hikari

When I met you your eyes stole all my words. Your smile drifted into my dreams and invented my future. You inhaled gratitude and exhaled love. Watching you strive to do whatever you set your mind to inspired me. Everything you said and did was art. You were in love with living, even threw the pain. There is nothing in this world more beautiful than a girl in love with living. I always envied hat about you. But that Hikari is gone. You kill parts of yourself to survive and I think we both did that when Minori and akane died. It does not make sense but love never does. It ended before it began. I never knew how happy and sad you could be at once, how lonely in someone's company you could be, until now. Someone will come along and hold the dying parts of you and kiss your scars, they will know exactly what to do with you. But I am not them. You make ridiculous thoughts out of your self destruction and do literally everything to accomplish it. I'm not ready for a girl like you, I never will be. I forgave the world because it had you. But I would not survive you. I was too much of a coward to tell you but I owe it to you. I'm in love with rin. You were my beginning but I want her to be my ending. Loving you was the scariest thing I almost did. It's not that I fell in love with rin, I walked into it. She came into my life when I was at my worst. I admit I was always afraid to love, Well love you. You were stunning and a mystery, and I was afraid to fall. You were the ocean and I was just a boy afraid of the waves. I can't live like that Hikari please understand. You are amazing but I can't. Rin is complete unexplainable. She's this good girl but then you realize she's everything. Crazy, funny, honest, beautiful, wild, free. A perfect put together mess. We've been dating for awhile now. Obito talks to me still, I hope you and me can be friends too."

By the end of his letter breathing was a bit harder and her vision was now clouded with tears. Swallowing bile, tears, and a feeling she can't name she asked herself one question. How do you get over someone who was never really yours. To fall in love with someone who does not love you back is the cruelest unforgiving heartache you will ever feel.

She had so much to say but all she said it all with one word. Goodbye.

Tsunade looked at her with her arms crossed. She knew something was wrong when she fought back the tears.
Hikari folded the letter and put it away. Tsunade was waiting for her to say something about the letter. When she looked up her eyes were red, and her Sharingan was different. It was now the Mangekyō Sharingan, and all she said was "can we begin now."

That day Hikari pushes herself harder than ever before. Without saying anything Tsunade knew. Without words they shared their deepest conversation yet.