Healing

Hey enjoy this rare picture of the kardashians holding white balls

Time skip two months~

Healing isn't pretty, it isn't art, it's ugly. Part of hikari was getting better. She accepted what happened, it didn't help much, but small steps are still steps.

Her night terrors were so bad now Kushina has to sleep in Kakashi's bed. He slept on the floor in between them. She'd wake up screaming from dreams of her dead friends. Kushina told kakashi he could sleep on the couch, that he didn't have to be up too. Hikari even reassured him it was okay. But every time she woke up he was always right there.

Kakashi has joined the Anbu, Hikari hadn't trained in months, and akira Hyūga commuted suicide after being captured and having a tailed beast placed in her. There was a lot of tension in the clan. Minato was now hokage, and Kushina was pregnant. Minori and akane would of been so excited, especially akane.

Seiko hadn't spoken with hikari is a very long time, since she found out what happened. Which made things harder, they were finally starting to get along when things happened.

Kakashi spent most of his free time with her. Obito healed up nicely, and rin confessed her love for him. Which everyone say coming. Akane would be peeing her pants if she knew they were together now. They always talked about how they wanted them to end up together.

She often missed Minori and her. Minori always kept her down to earth and akane always fired her up. It was the perfect mix. The thing she missed the most, believe it or not, was them playfully arguing. Although in the moment it didn't seem very playful. Some nights when it was really bad in the beginning she wouldn't be able to breathe when she thought about them. It still hit her at random times but not as much.

The other day she was putting her dish away from dinner and something in her brain turned on. It was like she could see their blood on her hands. So she washed them hysterically crying until Minato and Kushina calmed her down.

Finding positive things to focus on was hard, but it wasn't impossible. Kakashi helped with that. He was different now, team fives death affected him too. He was extremely close with team seven now as well. They became unstoppable.

The human mind truly is the scariest thing of all. Hikari was a different person now. Pretty soon she would also have to leave again to train with lady Tsunade again. She got word of what happened and offered to help. Hikari was terrified to leave kakashi. With all honesty, they flirt all the time. Smile at each other, laugh together. But hikari has trouble making those bonds again. She cannot control her feelings anymore. She doesn't know what's worse, being terrified of loosing him or not being around him not doing all the things she wants to do. She's pretty good at staying casual. But she slips up sometimes. She knew loving kakashi wont heal her or take away her pain, but the thought of him holding her hand being there while she helped herself made it all worth it. It is so easy for her to begin to love him. The question she has been asking herself since she was a child "how do I love" was now replaced with "how do I stop".

She was sitting outside under the trees just thinking about absolutely everything. During the middle of the day she was always lonely, with nothing to do no one to see, she had a lot of spare time. She usually read books and scrolls, if she didn't train she might as well still learn. It wasn't complicated for her to grasp but she never did anything with it. She wanted to confess to kakashi, that she was falling for him. But love has taught her two things. That it can be a beautiful thing or it can keep you up at night crying asking how much more you can take. Was he actually worth it all. She thought about what she said the last time she visited her friends final resting places. That she'd love them until the end of time. Would she let this fear turn her heart cold. Would her friends want her to be terrified, or would they call her a ass pastry and to go for it. Words seem meaningless in moments of weakness now, life is so fragile. Death is cruel and unforgiving. The pain you feel loosing someone is something that is hard to comprehend unless you've been threw it. But threw it all kakashi stood with her in the darkness, held her collapsed body when it was too much for her to take and left her knees weak. Love is a bond that death can not take. Until she met them again one day she owed it to them, to live life to the fullest for them.

When she looked up she saw a silver haired boy wearing a mask.

"Hey" he sat down next to her.

She smiled and waved.

"How long have you been here"

"Not too long"

He nodded. They sat there for a few minutes, just enjoying each others company.

He scooted closer to her so that their arms were touching.

He got a lot stronger. He was the trey genius. Hikari was just the girl who wasted her talent and eventually gave up. She never had enough motivation to stay committed.

He wrapped an arm around her bringing her into his chest. He still had his mask on. He wasn't allowed to take it off. She liked it though, although she did miss his face. He also dressed differently.

(Not my art :P)

(Not my art :P)

Hikari didn't change much though.

"I leave soon.." she scooted loser to him.

He petted her hair. "It'll be alright don't worry, you'll be back before you know it, and when you do I'll be here waiting for you. Focus on yourself and don't worry about me."

"Of corse I'm gonna worry. How could I not."

"That's my line." His hand caressed her arm, sending chills up her spine. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the moment, he'd have to leave soon. He'd sneak away just for a little bit to see her.

4 minutes later and she was by herself again. She had one week till she left and she was going to confess soon. She had to.