Chapter 16 - Fight

All of the sudden, Gidget watched as a dark figure launched themselves at the Doberman. Squinting her blue eyes, she realized that it was Tiberius. Talons digging into the large canine, the old hawk shouted, "Gidget, go! Now!" Frightened, the fluffy white Pomeranian turned tail and fled. Thinking quickly, she hid underneath a green dumpster.

Crawling all the way back towards the brick wall behind the dumpster, Gidget couldn't see much of the battle happening out in the open. She could only see the giant paws of the Doberman, though there were a few times when she caught a glimpse of Tiberius's feet whenever he landed for a brief second. The air was filled with barking and screeching, hissing and growling. All the while, water started getting underneath the dumpster as the rain continued to fall. And it fell harder.

Just then, there was a painful howl, soon followed by the sound of paws running on pavement. Shaking, Gidget also heard footsteps coming towards the dumpster. "Gidget, it's safe to come out now," Tiberius's voice called out to her. Crawling out from underneath the dumpster, Gidget stood still as the old hawk cut the string tied around her muzzle with his sharpest talon. "There, it's alright. You're okay," he whispered, trying to calm her down with soothing words.

Looking up at Tiberius, Gidget broke down into tears and hugged him. Feeling him pat her head gently, she sobbed into his feathers, wanting to forget everything that had happened.