Chapter 17 - Home

About twenty minutes later, Gidget was back in her apartment. The lights were off and the windows shut. Outside, the city was under attack from an onslaught of rain. But Gidget didn't take notice as she laid on her couch. Her wounded leg was currently laying on a towel so the blood wouldn't get everywhere. There was another towel wrapped around her shoulders, keeping her dry and warm.

Her head resting on a pillow, Gidget heard footsteps coming towards her. A moment later, Tiberius was beside her with a roll of bandages and a wet washcloth. Picking up the soaked rag, he whispered quietly, "This might sting a bit." He gently pressed the cloth against her wound. Gidget whimpered loudly, covering her eyes. She felt Tiberius patting her gently on the back while he continued cleaning her injury. Finished, he wrapped her leg up in bandages. Once he was completely done, the hawk declared quietly, "There, good as new."

Glancing down at her bandaged leg, Gidget mumbled quietly, "Thank you." Lifting her head, she looked Tiberius in the eye as she continued, "Thank you for everything." A slight smile spread across the hawk's face as he replied, "You're welcome Gidget." As he turned to put away the washcloth and bandages, the Pomeranian noticed a bad wound near his throat. "Wait," she spoke softly, stopping him. Taking the still damp washcloth, she gingerly pressed it against his injury. Keeping Tiberius calm while she cleaned away the blood, Gidget then took the bandages and wrapped up his neck. It wasn't long until she finished.

"There," Gidget spoke softly, "Now you're good as new." Both animals laughed quietly at that until they noticed how they were almost touching each other.