Lunch Time

"Lunch tiiiimmeeee~!" A voice rang out from the darkness, making both Killer and Dream jolt in surprise and scramble back in their cell.

Within a few seconds, Horror pressed himself against the bars of the cage, his grin as wide as ever as he rested his axe against the bars. "How are you two~?"

"Oh absolutely brilliant." Killer hissed weakly, glaring at him. "In fact, why don't you come join us?"

"As much as I'd love to, I'll pass." Horror snorted, shaking his head. "I've got other stuff to do after this, not everyone can slack off like Dream."

"Shut up!" The smaller yelled, jumping to his feet and storming over to the bars.

"Oooooh~ Someone's gotten feisty~" He purred, dragging his pointed finger down one of the rusted bars. "But I suggest you shut that dirty mouth of yours if you want to get fed~"

"What do we even have today? Rat stew?" Killer muttered, gagging slightly as he recalled how their last 'meal' consisted of some watery liquid with a few hairy chunks of meat and tail. They'd both thrown up in the corner of the cell after even seeing that meal.

Horror flashed them a toothy smile but shook his head. "Nah, you've got soup today."

"Rats soup?"

"Possibly." He slid it through the small gap at the bottom of the cell, his expression attempting to go innocent.

Dream warily reached out, pulling the two bowls of thick brown liquid inside. "...What's in this actually?"

"Uh mushroom I think." Horror snorted, pushing himself to his feet. "Nightmare said he had to feed you something more...edible. If he wants you to put up an entertaining fight that is."

"I don't believe you." Killer muttered, staring at the soup.

"Your funeral. You literally look like you're on death's door, so I'd eat up if I were you, yum yum yum." He cackled, grabbing his axe off of the floor and marching off, mimicking what Killer had said as he did so.

As soon as he was gone, Killer forced himself to shuffle over, one hand pressed against his side as he did so. "Oh yay..."

It was day four in their cell. Three more days until the tournament. Killer's side had healed up, but was still heavily cracked and sensitive to any kind of touch. Horror had come to feed them twice a day, and then come every night to tell them it was time to shut up and go to sleep. It was already getting tedious.

Letting out a large sigh, Dream slowly grabbed one of the spoons that lay discarded in the soup and raised it shakily to his mouth.

Killer watched with wide eyes as Dream took it in and swallowed, his hands staying pressed firmly against his side and the floor. "Well...?"

Dream blinked, putting the spoon back into the soup before smiling slightly, stifling a laugh. "Mushroom."

"No way." Killer took his bowl and spoon taking the worlds most hesitant sip. "Oh shit it is mushroom, how unexpected."

Dream giggled, taking a few more sips of his as he leaned back against the bars of their cell. "So I guess Horror was being serious."

"God I hate that guy." Killer muttered, taking a few more spoonfuls of soup. "What the hells his problem anyway? Why is he working against us?"

"Well, Horror is one of Nightmare's honorary guards... He's the winner of last year's tournament. He earned that big hole in his skull for it, but now he gets the live the life he dreamed of, being a Demi-God."

"A Demi-God? What does that mean?"

"Oh, well up here you can bestow God-Like powers onto other immortals, but they can't last forever or turn them into a proper God, hence the name Demi-God. Horror's powers will wear way within the year, but he'll just go compete in the tournament again to earn them back." Dream shuddered, closing his eyes. "You have no idea how lucky we are that he's not competing this year."

Killer glanced about the cell, scraping at the bottom of his bowl for the last small puddles of soup. "Okay, so what's he temporary Demi-God of? Axes?"

"Torture."

"I should have known." He coughed uncomfortably, placing his empty bowl and cleaned spoon down on the floor beside him. "Anyone else we need to worry about being in there?"

"I don't know...I've always refused to watch this tournament, and my kingdom is forbidden from doing so... But Nightmare's kingdom are obsessed. They'll do anything to watch people being ripped to shreds..."

"That's messed up." Killer muttered, frowning.

"They all know. They just don't care."

"So...do you think we're going to die?"

Killer's question surprised Dream for some reason and he paused, his golden pupils meeting the other's silver ones. He swallowed the last of his soup, gently placing the bowl down on the floor. "I'm really not sure... I don't think so, if I die, he'll die after all... And my soul won't last forever without my body as a host... He has no need for you though..."

"I get it." Killer muttered, looking at the floor dully. "I'm probably going to die in that arena, thanks."

Dream flinched, pulling his knees up to his chest. "We don't know that for sure..."

"Yeah, my soul is blossoming flowers of hope." He looked away from him, an exasperated sigh escaping him. "Let's just hope I die an honourable death, yeah?"

"You won't die Killer..." He whispered, nudging him lightly with his foot. "You're going to fight..."

"Am I?"

"Yes." He started directly at him, frowning. "Please?"

Killer winced, looking down at his hands and fiddling with them. "I guess I could try..."

A small smile cracked at the corner of Dream's mouth and he rested his head on his knees, relaxing a bit. "Thank you..."

Killer went silent for a moment before shuffling over to Dream's side, resting his back against the bars like he was doing. "Mind if I join you?"

"Not at all." He giggled softly looking up at him.

The taller leaned his head back until they were pressed against the bars, humming softly. "Would any of your friends is watch the tournament? People that would recognise you and help?"

Dream shook his head softly. "I don't think so... Ink would never even think of doing such a thing, and Blue literally faints at the sight of blood. And besides, even if they watched it would be from quite a distance. I don't think they'd recognise me in this state."

"Soooo...we're fucked?"

"At this rate, yes. We're very much fucked."

"Could you two shut up?" A voice called.

They both jolted, whipping round to look through the bars and darkness. "H-Huh?"

Within a few seconds, Horror's grinning face appeared. "Look who's back to turn off your pitiful cell light and tell you to sleep~"

Dream glared up at him, frowning. "I swear this is earlier than usual, we literally only just had lunch!"

He shrugged. "Don't care. Anyways, I suggest you start preparing yourself for the weekend. It's going to be very eventful for the two of you."

Killer growled softly, getting to his feet. "We'll show your King just how strong we are."

Horror snorted, reaching up for the light switch on the outside of the cell. "You can try, but he won't pay much attention to you."

"And why is that?" They both asked, raising an 'eyebrow'.

Horror chucked, pushing the switch and plunging them all into darkness. Only his crimson eye was left visible along with his glowing bloodstained teeth. "Haven't you heard~? He's got himself a new mortal pet~"

————————————————————————

Oh ayayayaya we're going places gouys.

Shit goes down next chapter so mmmmmm eat some seaweed and swallow some asparagus

:3

-Jess-