32.

Sara and Bucky enter the hospital, which is busy, people running one way then the other, Bucky keeps hold of Sara's hand as he moves them through the crowds, he sees Sam before Sam sees them.

"Sam" Bucky shouts, Sam turns to them and waits for them to reach him.

"Sara" Sam whispers pulling her into a hug, she closes her eyes and hugs him back.

"How bad is it?" Sara asks, Sam looks down at her.

"Sara" he starts.

"What happened?" she tries a different angle.

"We...we went after Dick Roman" Sara frowns at him. "It's....wow, let me start from the beginning" Sam tells them motioning to the chairs at the side.

.....................

Once Sam has finished telling her about everything she leans on her knees, her head in her hands, Sam has argued with Dean a lot about Sara, he's wanted her here from the beginning but Dean, Dean is as stubborn as he's always been.

"And Bobby?" she asks lifting her head. "What's....what's the...." she struggles a little, Bucky touches her back.

"Well the swelling's down a little. They took him off sedation. Apparently, he – he started fighting his tube. So they pulled them out, and he's breathing on his own"

"That's good, right?" Sara asks and then looks to Sam. "Is that good?"

"Yeah. Well, doctor said best-case scenario"

"So when they gonna take the bullet out?" Sara asks, Sam frowns a little.

"Sara, t-they're not even – they're not even gonna try that, not yet"

"What does that mean?"

"The word's abrading, I think" Sam answers her.

"English" Sara begs.

"Cutting out the dead brain tissue" Sam tells her sadly. "That's if the doctor even thinks it's worth the risk"

"He's not gonna die" Sara argues. "He's not"

"Sara" Sam whispers. "He might"

"Sam" she whispers.

"Listen – we need to brace ourselves" Sam tells them, and shares a look with Bucky who kisses Sara's head.

"There has to be something" she whispers. "Someone who can help, that can fix this"

"Sara" Bucky coos. "Honey" she shakes her head.

"No" she argues. "This is not...this is not how he goes out" she stands and turns to them. "He deserves better then this" she tells them both and then walks away.

................

Dean pauses approaching Bobby's room, Sara stands with her back to him looking into the room where Bobby lays hooked up to machines, they all know how close she and Bobby are, how much the older man meant to her. She touches the glass and shakes her head. Dean approaches her.

"Sara, I'm so sorry" Dean tells her, she turns to Dean with tears in her eyes, she blinks and it sends them leaking from her eyes. "Sara" Dean whispers, she slaps him. Dean stares at the floor, the pain of the slap setting in, he groans and reaches for his face.

"If you hadn't been sooo damn foolish, if you hadn't pushed me away.....If I was fighting with you, this would never have happened" she accuses, he looks to her rubbing his cheek.

"You don't know that" Dean argues.

"I have a pretty good idea" she counters and turns back to the glass, folding her arms over her chest, her jaw tight. Dean rubs his cheek. "I'm sorry" she whispers. "I shouldn't have hit you" she is quick to apologise.