Toggle between Heart & Mind

The rest of the breakfast went into silent, she didn't take initiative to start conversation although she was very well aware of his continuous gazes, taking the last sip of his juice Kartik leaned back against his chair, giving her another brief glance who was aware of his gaze consciously having her breakfast, He closed his light brown eyes and ran his hand through his short dark black straight hair and sighed finally accepting his defeat, "Mrs,I don't like your silence"

she lifted her brows at him trying hard to hide the sudden thud of her heart which was the effect of his soft, hoarse voice, "I am not much talkative, I thought you know it" she met with his eyes and gave him her usual sarcastic smile Kartik shook his head slightly regarded her earnestly, "I don't know many things about you and I want to know " her breath caught to feel his sudden change of tone and she stared back at him only to see concern in his eyes, "I've not any secrets" She sounded a bit nervous and he was quick to noticed it, "I don't want to know about your secrets but I want to know about you".

Her heart pounded to feel the intensity in his eyes and she quickly moved away her face putting the glass back on the table, "I am an open book ".

she lifted her gaze and her voice came out so soft as he felt she was a fragile creation that could hurt, break so easily if he touched her, His own life hadn't been a happy one, yet he had gone on with it because he had tremendous strength of mind and will But sometime he'd found himself the most lonely person in the world, he breathed deeply rousing from his deep thoughts and regarded her with affectionate look, he leaned forward towards her and she lifted her gaze meeting with his eyes" you know Mrs. this serious look won't suite you and I don't want to people think that it's the effect of a sleepless night, when I am like a gentle man didn't do anything" he teased her suppressing a naughty smile and leaving her with red cheeks he stood up on his heels and moved towards balcony and she could barely concentrate on his words, "I've to attend few important calls" he had closed the door behind her and She gasps for air trying to stable her breath but couldn't hide the shy smile that had on her lips and felt relief as he was not near to see that smile.

This man was really getting deep into her roots and she couldn't know how to restrict those new feelings which were making her restless, She delved deep into her thoughts, searching for a more practical reason but couldn't get one, shrugging those thoughts she sighing deeply and standing up on her heels stepped towards her room.

*****************

The guest had been appeared and Kartik who was welcoming the guest occasionally giving glancing to the door of their bedroom, , her parents too had been arrived and they were waiting for her but she was taking too much time to get ready ,he shook getting a bit annoyed and giving them excuse glance walked up to their room.

"How much time you'll take??"

"I am just------"She spun around struggling with the necklace around her neck and her breath caught in her throat, standing a few inches away from her he was looking at her so intently that she felt her cheeks burn with blush, She didn't like it when he looked at her in that way. With such 'fire in his eyes. She didn't like it at all. And then it happened again. The flurry of sensations mounted in her belly and she didn't want him to show she was getting affected by his closeness and something pulling her towards him.

"I am ready' just was fastening this necklace" nervously dropping her lashes she tried to turn away her face but her body froze as he caught her wrist, she gasped air and lifted up her head as he stepped close to her and grabbed her shoulder, "let me do it"

His voice came out hoarsely as she slipped necklace into his fist quietly, he whirled her around holding her shoulders, she held her breath as he reached for her neck and kept her hairs aside, and she stiffened at his powerful touch. But her nerves soon gave way to the pleasurable feel of his warm fingers moving at her back, Kartik looked at her through the mirror and smile, fasting the necklace, She gasped air and her eyes fluttering closed as she felt his warmth breath touched the crook of her neck, The man had a masterful touch, so soothing, so disarming, with the slow movements his hands moved towards her bare waist and clutched her skin gathering her in his tight hold, her back pressed against his broad chest and she gulps of air sending some oxygen to her lungs, his mouth nuzzled against her bare shoulder and her heart thumped loud, she clutched his hands tightly, pressing his lips against her soft skin he moaned in pleasure and tighten his grip over her feeling strange thrust inside his heart, his lips moved towards her jawbone rising the burning sensation in her body and she tightly closed her eyes letting him do what he wanted, pressing his palm over her shoulders he whirled her around and she opened her eyes slowly meeting with his passionate gaze, her heart bumped against her ribs to see those firing emotions in his eyes, he cradled her face in his palm and leaned down only to kiss her chin, she gasped placing her hand on his broad chest to get some support, his lips moved up and the tension increased between their bodies, he kissed the corner of her lips and a slow moan escaped her lips.

The moist tip of his tongue skipped over her lips she breathed heavily. Her heart wanted him to do that but her mind warned her, how she could have accepted her defeat. How could have she let this stranger to explore her, how could have she trust him?

He brushed his lips against her and she opened her eyes, he was lost in passion and she couldn't let him do that, she couldn't let it happen.

"Kartik I don't want it"

He opened his eyes rousing from his deep emotions and stared at her, her breath trapped in her throat to see the strange hurt in his eyes and he dropped his hands letting her moved away.

"I am---sorry" his words choked and he breathed deeply cursing himself for letting his emotions overpowering his senses, he turned away his eyes in embarrassment breathing deeply to stable himself and she felt guilty to reject him swallowed the lump formed in her throat.

"Kartik' I 'am---"

"I am waiting for you---come soon" turning around towards her he gave her forceful, very fake smile and slipped out the room.