Encounter

"So how was your visit to Singhania's Mansion?"

Kartik rose his eye borrows a bit and titled his neck to face Mr.Rohit who was sitting the chair infront of him, "it was good"

"They are nice people" he added further and unexpectedly with a slight smile and then again shifted his eyes towards the file on his table and Mr.Rohit had taken his smile with surprise,

"Don't you meet with his daughter?", He asked quizzically, Kartik lifted his gaze regarded him earnestly, he felt rush of uneasiness in his veins the way Mr.Rohit talked about her and tried to ignore the weird feeling in his stomach, "yes, I met her but why are you suspicious about her??" His tone was light, but something in his expression told him his words hadn't been spoken casually he found a little sarcasm in Kartik's voice and regarded him suspiciously, "don't you say you found her Nice"

Kartik sucked his breath he could not denied she was a mystery, her behavior, her eyes, her face everything was mysterious he found her unlike others girls of her age. From the day he visited Mr.Singhania's house he could not threw her out of his mind. It's been a night yet she is already overpowering his feelings.

"Do you know about her?" muscle twitched at the corner of Kartik's jaw and he regarded him questionably. Mr.Rohit crossed his arms and leaned back against his chair, "yeah, I have heard many stories about her rude behavior towards her parents; I really don't know what the reason is behind because no one knows much about Mr.Singhania's personal life, they have never attended any social gathering or parties and some people even say it is because of her daughter, he did not want people to make assumptions and speculations about his family. God..!! these girls.. they shouldn't atleast embaress their parent.. I must tell you..."

Kartik sank his fingers into the hard cotton material of the chair some strange feelings about her engulf his heart and he felt urge to find the reason of her empty eyes, yet he was very much furious the way Rohit was talking about her.

"Kartik are you alright?", A voice fell into his ears broke the trial of his thoughts and he startled a bit but then titling his head towards him smiled covering those strange emotions, "yeah,I am alright"

"Did you talk to Mr.Singhania's lawyer", Kartik paused a bit and then changed the topic and for his luck Mr.Rohit did not realize the information about that girl had effected him and how much he felt hard to cover up it.

"Yes' I have talked to him, contracts papers are ready"

"Good"

Kartik took breath of relief and then moved back his attention to his work slapping away all the weird thoughts.

************************

Kartik pulled into his driveway; the whole previous week seemed went into flicker of time, his work had not even taken him breath but finally everything had been settled , he had been singed contract with Mr.Singhania and now the work on new project had been continued. He shook his head in amusement how his life had taken twist and turns always, Mr.Rohit idea of taking help of Mr.Singhania and then his visit to his house and Then his unplanned, strange encounter with that strange girl who had left some deep mark of their mere second meeting on his heart, He'd survived childhood by learning not to love, not to trust, not to get attract to anyone too much, but the depth of emotions he was feeling for her terrified him a lot more than any worst days of his life he'd ever faced.

She looked back at her damaged-car with irritation and tapped her foot on street, it was the third time in this month she had bumped her car with other but for her luck it sorted out with mutual understanding and she did not paid any fine. She moved towards the other side of street where the old chestnut trees hung heavy with white blossoms. Petals dripped onto the pavement lay in cool drifts at the curb. As she turned onto the street, a gust of wind from a passing car swept up the fallen petals from the sidewalk and enveloped her in a cloud of white.

"Blind" she clenched her teeth cursing and wiped off her dress.

His heart thud to see the same face wearing a blue jeans with pink top and a scarf around her neck she was standing near the street, her black silky hairs playing with her cheeks and the expressions on her face was telling she was in great anger, he stopped the car aside and got out of it.

"Can I help you?", She lifted her eyes at those pair of intense eyes and he had seen glitter of reorganization in her deep captivating eyes but then she again had fastened those rude, rough expressions around her eye balls and titled her head in other side, "I don't need anyone's help", her lips could barely move, For a moment he didn't say anything; he simply studied her with guarded eyes. "I am not anyone" she spun her head regarding him with surprise and the slightly curling of his lips had told her he had enjoyed her expressions and she did not like to express herself in front of him, "I don't know you"

She tore away her eyes, "but I know you, Ms Naira Singhania and you can't deny we have been met before", his voice was dangerously soft and she turned to gaze at him and before she got a chance to speak, he dropped his gaze and the corner of his mouth curled. "I know you need help and trust me I am gentleman"

"Listen.. you people.. first you rash off the driving and then seeing a girl you came back to take chance.."

Kartik wasn't hurt with her words, because her eyes were popping something else, he said casually," Yes... but you are not any othe girl.."

Naira fuming," Ooh really... don't take me lightly.. I am very brave.. brave like.."

"Sherni"," Kartik completed her statement and continued," Indeed the way you are always in this furious mood to eat someone alive.. yu are like a lioness.. a dreadful lioness..". Hearing her praise.. her cheeks flushed but still she maintained so that they are not visible to him. Don't know but her heart was saying to trust him but then her mind was again saying some different language..," Ohh hello Stop your tar tarr.. okay..!!"

"Tarr Tarr..!! who does that ?" Kartik asked

"Mendak..!!", Saying she laughed and for the first time Kartik saw her laughing, he was lost in her laugh in her smile. "Looking so cute.." he murmered to himself.

Her smile was really captivating, sensing no action from his side, she looked and found him staring her intently. Shruggin he again offered her to help.

It was the first time she felt short of words as she knew she really needed help it was almost evening time and it was not safe for her to stand here for long and something in his eyes had pushed her to trust him.

"Okay" she lifted up her gaze at him and whispered and he felt softness in her voice for the first time, "let's get in my car" he pointed out towards the place where he had parked his car and she swallowed her hesitation for taking first time someone's help in her life and followed him.