մηδεɕίʍ

-

Donghyuck's POV
The Next Day

-

I stayed up all night to make sure that nothing happened to Mark

I stayed up all night to make sure that nothing happened to Mark. He had to wear a lei made completely out of wolfsbane that Doyoung made, to keep him in a calmer state.

He said that he had to make precautions, just in case something was really off with Mark's blood. We still don't know what kind of werewolf blood he's had in him all this time. But from what Doyoung, Johnny, and Sicheng have said, it could be catastrophic if he transforms.

Getting an Infectious Bite from a werewolf can be dangerous. The first full moon the person has after being bitten can alter their mind, way more than the usual werewolf transformation.

For a normal werewolf, like myself for example, my mind becomes altered, but only to an extent. I'm able to stop myself from doing anything too bad. But for a newcomer to the werewolf society, it's often harder for them to control themselves even before they transform, just like Mark.

But it's worse in Mark's case.

If a person already has werewolf blood in them from an ancestral bloodline, the Infectious Bite awakens the wolf in them at their first full moon. They become stronger and faster, and can go on a killing rampage.

If Mark had werewolf ancestors, there's no telling which bloodline he came from that's making him act this way.

There were three bloodlines of werewolves from a long time ago: the Second Claws, the Nightcrawlers, and the Night Howlers.

The Night Howlers were the most powerful, and most fearsome of the three packs. They were feared by everyone, mostly for a specific reason. Their body structures were very different from normal werewolves.

My pack's ancestors are the Nightcrawlers. They were known to try and keep themselves locked away on nights of a full moon, by any means necessary. They were the second strongest pack. We continue their practices, even if it's difficult. We keep ourselves locked away in the hut on nights of a full moon, because we know what we're capable of when we go berserk at most times.

The Nightcrawlers and Second Claws had normal body structures after transforming. Our structures and statures are like regular wolves, but are a bit larger in scale. Along with that increased size, we're stronger, faster, and more durable than regular wolves.

The Night Howlers on the other hand, had a totally different anatomy. When they transformed, they're bodies stayed in a human-like posture. They were able to run and walk on two legs, but could use all fours if they wanted or had to. This made them a lot more powerful and faster. They had incredible agility that made a normal werewolf seem obsolete.

If Mark's ancestors were from the Second Claws or Nightcrawlers, then I think we'll be ok. But if his ancestors were from the Night Howlers, we could have a huge problem on our hands...

-

Mark's POV
8pm

-

I woke up and I was still in Johnny's room, but I was untied and laying in his bed

I sat up, only to feel an intense pounding in my head, making me groan a bit.

"Are you alright Mark??"

Donghyuck was suddenly by my side, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I'm not feeling too good..."

"You'll be alright soon. The full moon will pass over in a couple days"

"So it's true then? Have I really become a werewolf...?"

"We aren't really sure? Doyoung-hyung took a blood sample from you to check and see..."

"Oh... What's this around my neck anyway??"

"It's a lei made out of wolfsbane. Doyoung-hyung made it for you as a precaution, based on what happened earlier"

"Is that why I'm feeling so bad?"

"Probably. Wolfsbane is known to significantly weaken werewolves. I hate when my hyungs have to use it on me..."

"You have to use it too???"

"All the time. I'm known to be quite reckless whenever the full moon comes around, so they bind me in those chains and surround me with wolfsbane"

"I see..."

We stayed silent for a while, and I noticed that Donghyuck's demeanor seemed off.

He kept playing with his fingers, and refused to make eye contact with me.

"What's wrong Hyuck? I'm not mad about before, honestly. I just wasn't thinking straight and-"

"It's...not that..."

"Huh??"

I tilted my head to the side, unable to understand what he meant.

"...There's another reason why Doyoung-hyung took a sample of your blood"

"Why??"

I held one of his hands to calm him down a little.

"...After I told the others about what happened in the woods, he automatically suspected that something was wrong. After a person gets infected by a werewolf's Infectious Bite, they usually have until the next full moon before their transformation starts. But we think something caused your transformation to come much quicker, and it might not be good..."

"What is it?? Tell me"

He hesitated for a few seconds, but he finally confessed.

"We think that you might've already had werewolf blood inside you..."

-

5 Minutes Later

-

Donghyuck explained everything that he knew to me, including everything about the three werewolf packs.

If I do have werewolf blood inside me, I wonder who I got it from. It makes me question if anyone in my household is a werewolf, or a descendant from a werewolf bloodline...

Doyoung eventually walked into the room, but he looked very disturbed.

"What's wrong hyung??"

"Something bad Hyuck... I know which bloodline Mark came from..."

We both sat there in anticipation after he told us he had his results.

He sat down in a chair near us, and sighed stressfully.

"He's from the Night Howlers' bloodline..."