ѵίɡίηϯί σɕϯσ

-

Mark's POV
1 Hour Away from the
Crimson Fields

-

We've been driving for hours and hours, and we still haven't arrived at the Crimson Fields yet

Even with the long amount of time that I slept, we still haven't made it yet. Luckily for us though, Kun and Ten are still wide awake, quietly driving us.

Thanks to the Second Claws, all of us that are wolves were able to stay in control. They had a type of potion, similar to the one they used on me and Hyuck a while back. However, they used this particular potion on our food. We consumed it in the breakfast we ate, not only to give it time to take effect, but also so we wouldn't taste it or notice it's presence too much.

After we all transformed, we followed Johnny's traveling arrangement, and ventured into our assigned cars.

In Jaehyun's car, Johnny, Sicheng, Doyoung, and Chenle sat in the first backseats, and Xiaojun, Hendery, YangYang, and Jeno sat in the second backseats. And Donghyuck sat in the passenger seat next to Ten, who drove.

In Kun's car, Jisung, Jaehyun, and Jungwoo sat in the first backseats, and Jaemin, Renjun, and Yukhei sat in the seconds backseats. And I sat in the passenger seat next to Kun, who drove.

Since Donghyuck and I are the only Night Howlers on our team, we're the only wolves capable of sitting normally, while the others had to either sit like a wolf, or lay down in some way.

Both cars have been traveling side by side the entire journey, to ensure that we truly stuck together. I can confirm that everyone was still asleep, except for Kun, Ten, myself, and surprisingly, Donghyuck.

I know I saw him go to sleep before me, which caused me to fall asleep seconds after him. However, when I woke up, he was still asleep, but now he's definitely awake.

I didn't plan to wake up until Kun would alert us that we were arriving at the fields, but... It's almost as if something is calling me, pulling me towards something. And by the way Donghyuck is looking around, I can tell that he's feeling the same thing.

We've never felt this feeling before, but...it's so familiar somehow...

"Mark? Are you alright?"

Kun suddenly asked.

I tried to answer him, but I forgot that I'm a wolf at the moment and he can't understand me.

In that same instance, Ten called Kun from his car. When he picked up, Ten was explaining that Donghyuck was acting weird, like he was trying to find something. He asked him what he was looking for, but he can't understand him.

Upon hearing this, Kun instantly reached into his glove compartment and pulled out a notepad with a pen, handing them both to me.

"If you can still write Mark, then write down what you're trying to tell us. Ten, I put a notepad and pen in Jaehyun's glove compartment. Pull it out and give it Hyuck"

Thankfully, we're both still able to write perfectly fine.

I immediately started writing on the notepad, and quickly gave it to Kun once I finished.

"Ten, listen carefully. Mark says, 'I feel something calling out to me, as if something is pulling me towards somewhere or something. This feeling woke me up, and even though I've never felt it, it's very familiar somehow'. Did you get that?"

"Yeah... Donghyuck basically wrote the same thing, but he added, 'I think the field is calling us'..."

'That's it!!'

I tried speaking, but again, I was unsuccessful.

"I think Hyuck's prediction is spot on Ten. Let's see... Since Hyuck has been a wolf longer than Mark, he was able to figure out the specific thing that's calling out to them before he did"

"I understand that, but nobody else in our car is feeling this but Donghyuck. Everyone else is still sound asleep. How come they're the only two acting like this??"

Ten questioned with a confused tone.

"Wait... Think about it for a second Ten. Mark and Donghyuck are the only two Night Howlers here. Everyone else is either a member of the Second Claws or the Nightcrawlers. By them being the only Night Howlers left, they might be drawn to the field in a way that the others aren't!"

Kun concluded.

I know that Hyuck can feel it too. Kun is spot on with that conclusion.

"Ten, slow down for a few seconds"

"Huh?? Why??"

"Think about it. If we left them out, they can lead us right to the fields. And besides, keeping them cooped up with us isn't going to make them any less restless"

"You have a point..."

Ten quickly complied, and slowed down along with Kun.

"Mark, you two lead the way. We'll be right behind you~"

Kun smiled and kissed my forehead.

He unbuckled my seatbelt, and unlocked the door for me without hesitation. Even though he couldn't understand me, I still said thank you.

I opened the door and jumped out of the car, being sure not to hurt myself in the process. After Kun reached over to close the door, I ran over to Jaehyun's car to meet up with Donghyuck.

Ten let him out, and wished us good luck before closing the door.

'Hi Mark~'

'Hi Hyuck~. Listen...thanks for doing this with me. It really means a lot to me...'

'I'll always be by your side, no matter what~. And besides, this might be able to help us find out what happened to the Night Howlers~'

He cheerfully ran ahead of me, just as eager to find out what happened to my bloodline just as I was.

I quickly caught up to him before he got too far ahead, and we both ran ahead of the cars for them to follow us.

I know that we're both scared of what might happen during this battle, but we can't think about that right now. We just have to focus on our main objective, besides ending this war.

We have to save Taeyong, no matter the cost.