Chapter 18 part 2

*Bridgette*

"Bridge babe." I hear Jay call me out of my deep sleep. Groaning I'm instantly in a horrible mood, I'd just fallen asleep and I did NOT want to wake up. The baby kept me up all night kicking me and moving around, it's head pressing into my vigina. I turn toward Jay peaking one eye open to glare at him and at first he doesn't say anything, just staring down at me in shock.

"What?" I practically snap.

"Um, either you just peed your pants or your water broke."

"What?" I ask groggily when the pain hits me. Groaning I double over in pain clutching my stomach I feel the contractions surge through my body from my pelvic region. Jay doesn't hesitate he gets up grabbing the phone to call the midwife. We planned on a hospital birth but just in case we did practice for a home birth just in case an emergency came up. When Ashley gets there five minutes later in her pajamas and she's in full panic mode.

"Your water shouldn't have broke already." She's hurrying to get everything ready for a home birth while the ambulance is in route. "We're not going to have time to go to the hospital you're already almost fully dilated."

"What do you mean the contractions just started?" Jay asks.

"Are you sure you haven't been in labor for a while?"

"I was sleeping can I be in labor and sleeping?" I snap sweat starting to bead down my forehead. Jay gently pats my forehead with a washcloth.

"Sometimes they're not painful until after your water breaks. Then it's constant pain." Groaning I lean my head back against the foot of the bed since I was sat on the floor.

"Fuck me this hurts!" I growl through grit teeth. It felt like my body was being torn in half from the inside out.

"Baby keep breathing." Jay mutters beside me.

"Shut! Up!" I growl grinding my teeth as I clutch the rug at the base of the bed. "Fuck!" My cry of pain ends up being so high pitch I swear my sister hears it next door.

"We're going to have to deliver here." Deana, the assistant nurse says coming in with the medical stuff we're going to need to deliver.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" My hands ball into fists, pounding against the floor.

"I'm going to need you to start pushing soon Bridgette." I ignore Ashley as she says this, the pain so intense I feel the bile rise in my throat from all the immense pain. I reach for the trash that Ashley has for any kind of bloody towels and other things she's going to need and hurl. Gasping for breath I lean back against the bed, my eyes shut as I try to control my breathing. "Bridgette, you need to calm down, breathe."

"Calm down? You have this baby then." I snap at her.

"Bridge baby." Jay grabs my hand squeezing it tightly in his. "Breathe baby. In one two three." I glare at him from the corner of my eyes. How dare he ask me to mediate with him.

"I just want to go to the hospital." I say grinding my teeth again, tears leaking from my eyes.

"Bridgette I'm sorry we don't have time." Ashleys says she she sits on her knees between my legs. "The baby will be here any minute."

"Where that strong women I met two years ago?" Jay asks, his hand brushing back my hair. Shaking my head more tears slip from my eyes.

"I can't it hurts too much." I mutter to him softly.

"I know baby, but it'll be over soon."

"I'm going to need you to push Bridgette."

"Ready?" Jay asks. "Come on. I'll count down with you."