three.

"Please don't hurt him. I'm just here to get my things and leave. I wanna start a new chapter in my life." Duncan nodded as he looked at her. "I hear you, I do but.. why can't this chapter begin with pain. No good story doesn't have fights." The brunette rolled her eyes as she knocked on the door. Footsteps approached the door, Courtney stood infront of the peephole so he would only see her. The door slowly opened to reveal Trent. He scratched the back of his neck and opened his mouth to speak but her tan, slim finger stopped him. "I don't need you to apologize, or explain, or whatever. I'm just here to get my clothes." Trent nodded moving out the way as she made her way in. Just as Courtney went into the room, Duncan burst in shoving him against the wall. "You slept with my girlfriend, you wannabe Elvis!" The slim black haired guy pushed him off, breathing heavily. Duncan was about to punch him when Courtney came out holding a bag. "Duncan!" Hearing the woman's voice yell he jumped back from Trent. He smiled sweetly at the girl as she rolled her eyes. "Let's go.." She said as she walked out the apartment. Duncan jumped at Trent, smirking as the the slim guy flinched blocking his face before Duncan followed the girl out.

"I know you're mad I hit him. But the guy slept with my girlfriend, how do you expect me to react when I see him?" Duncan said as he drove away from the building. The brunette was silent beside him, he sighed glancing at her. "Come on, don't ignore me. I don't know why you didn't do the same to Gwen." He continued before stopping at a red light. "I still love him. I didn't want you to hurt him." Duncan turned looking at her. She faced forward, her facial expression not changing from a broken look. "You still love that guy after what he did? He cheated on you with your best friend! My love for Gwen went out the window when I found out." Her fingernails dug into her palm as she breathed out heavily. "I'm not you, Duncan! Me and Trent were engaged I moved from Winiberg, all the way here to Ontario! I don't know anyone here!" She yelled as her tears started to spill out. The light then changed as he started driving. "You know me.." silence filled the car as he continued to drive.

"Yeah.. thanks."

~

Duncan guided her into a bare room, only a queen sized bed in the corner of the room, and a small dresser on the other side. "Here it is. This was our guest room, but it's yours now." He said as she walked in. She placed her bag on the dresser looking around. "And if you need a job my friend works at a clothing store and they're hiring." Courtney turned around looking at him. "Thanks, seriously. You don't know how much I appreciate this." He shrugged brushing it off. "It's fine. I'm not a good person or anything. Don't go telling people about it." He said as he walked off. The brunette laughed shaking her head. He's a good guy, even if he doesn't want to believe it.

~

"Bridgette, this is Courtney. The girl I told you about. And Courtney, this is Bridgette. The hiring manager here." Duncan introduced the two before the two shook hands. Bridgette nodded looking at Courtney. "Follow me,Courtney. We can do this interview now." The brunette followed the blonde as Duncan watched her smiling lightly. A voice from behind him interrupted his daze. "What the hell are you doing Nelson?" He jumped slightly turning face to face with the store owner. "Nothing, don't worry about it." She raised an eyebrow getting closer to him. "Who's the girl? Weren't you just dating that goth chick? Gwendolyn, right?" He shook his head huffing. "She cheated on me, with that girls fiancé. I kicked her out." The woman let out a laugh shaking her head. "I could've told you that. I knew she was a slut as soon as I met her." Duncan scoffed shaking his head as he began to walk away. "Shut up, Heather."

Bridgette smiled widely at the brunette who sat across from her. "Well Courtney, I am very happy to say that you got the job!" The brunette squealed slightly before regaining herself. "Thank you, Bridgette." The blonde nodded smiling as she went into another room, before coming back with a red folded up shirt. "Here is your uniform shirt, I will see you next week when you will get your name tag. Nice meeting you Courtney." Courtney happily shook her hand. "It was nice meeting you too Bridgette, thank you so much." She smiled at her one last time before walking out.

Courtney rushed over hugging Duncan jumping up and down. "I got the job Duncan!" The delinquent smiled hugging her back, he picked her up happily as she laughed. She then realized what was going on and her face darkened. "Put me down.. put me down!" Duncan's teal eyes widened putting her down. She dusted herself off before walking out, he followed her out as he caught a glimpse of Heather. The black haired girl shook her head as she adjusted a shirt on a mannequin. "You better not hurt him, bitch."