four.

4 am

Courtney sat awake in her bed. She sighed pulling her knees up to her chest. She couldn't sleep, each time her eyes seemed to start to get heavy they popped right back open. She slowly climbed out of the bed and made her way to the kitchen. she poured some milk in a glass before taking a sip. She let out a small 'ahh' as she swallowed. "Why are you up at 4 am?" The brunette almost dropped the glass hearing the voice behind her. She turned to see the delinquent himself, only in black pajama pants. His usual gelled back hair was kind of droopy and wild. "I can't sleep.." he chuckled as he made his way back to the couch, where his cover and pillow laid. "Me neither. Join the club, girl." She followed him sitting on the opposite love seat. "What's on your mind
Courtney?" She shrugged looking towards him. "I think I just need some time to get over Trent, and get my life together. What about you?" He leaned back onto the couch where his makeshift bed was made. "Partly the same thing, and just my thoughts keeping me awake." She nodded understandably before raising an eyebrow. "So, why are you out here?" It was now his turn to shrug as he looked up at the ceiling. "My bedroom reminds me too much of Gwen." He lightly chuckled bringing his arms to behind his head. "You're right, you can't get over a break up in a day."

"I told you, it takes time." She then got up sitting by his leg. "But hey we can do it together." She smiled as Duncan looked up at her. "You're right." He then grabbed her hand slowly before pulling her down to him. They both laughed, Courtney's small hand resting on his chest. Her onyx eyes met his teal ones as he bit his lip, she suddenly jumped up. "I'm gonna go to bed.. Night Duncan." She said as she rushed out back into her room.

"Yeah, Night..."

~

Courtney straightened her hair in the bathroom looking at herself in the mirror. After she was content with her look she left the bathroom. Duncan still slept on the couch as she made her way out on her way to law school. When she got inside the building she sat in her regular seat and waited for the rest of the students to arrive. Her mind went away as she waited. She couldn't get the delinquent out of her mind.

"We shouldn't do this.." she whispered looking up at him. "We really shouldn't do this." He whispered back pulling the girl onto his lap. Courtney moaned as he planted kisses on her neck. She combed her fingers in his hair in pleasure he moved down to her chest. She threw her head back as she moaned loudly. "Oh, Duncan!"

The whole class looked at her weirdly. When getting asked about how the U.S justice system was different than Canada's, she said Duncan loudly. Her eyes widened realizing what happened. "I-I mean the U.S is much harsher than us on minor crimes." He nodded turning back to the board. "Correct." He continued to teach till it was time to go. Everyone started to pack up their things and leave as he cleared his throat. "Bye everyone, see you on Monday. Oh, Courtney see me in my office." The brunette sighed as she got all things in her small bag going into her professor's office. "Dazing off in class? This isn't like you Courtney. I know you're having some trouble at home but that's never stopped you before." She nodded sitting in the chat across from him. "Well I got a new roommate, and I can't him out of my head. I have no idea why.." "you like him." Courtney gasped looking at him. "I do not!" Her professed just laughed shaking his head. "You do, just please don't come to class pregnant one day." Courtney gasped about to defend herself but he cut her off. "Bye Courtney." The brunette huffed as she left the office and building.

~

As Courtney walked back to her and Duncan's apartment, she got distracted by a beautiful gold dress in a shop window. She couldn't believe how amazing the dress looked. It probably costed billions though, and she definitely couldn't afford that. "You'll never be able to get it." A voice piped up from behind her. She turned to see a pretty Asian who's hands rested on her hips. "That dress is like 3 thousand dollars." The brunette knew she couldn't afford it, but who was this girl to tell her what she couldn't afford. "Excuse me! How do you know what I can and can't afford?!" The Asian laughed flipping her long black hair over her shoulder. "Cause I know you. You just moved in with a guy cause you don't have enough money to get a place on your own." Courtney looked at the girl wide eyed. "Are you Gwen's friend or something?" The girl scoffed looking away. "Ew no, that's gross. I'm Duncan's very close friend, come on I'll get you the dress." Courtney started to protest before the girl pulled her into the shop.