thirteen.

your hand fits in mine, like it's made just for me
but bear this in mind it was meant to be

Courtney sighed in frustration as she downed her third shot of tequila. the liquid burned down her throat but the pain felt good to her at the moment.

and I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks, and it all makes sense to me

It numbed out the pain in her heart. She slid the small glass back to the bartender and signaling him to keep it coming.

I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile

Every time she got somewhere with a guy, it was ruined.

you've never loved your stomach, or your thighs
the dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine

Looking back, each time a guy liked her. Gwen was there to steal him from her.

but I'll love them endlessly

God! Why did she never notice, they were friends since she moved to Ontario. And.. she was the one who introduced her to Trent.

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
but if I do, it's you, oh it's you, they add up to

How long was that affair going on? Poor Duncan, he was oblivious just like her.

I'm in love with you and all these little things

~

you can't go to bed without a cup of tea

Duncan turned off his car as he fell back against the seat. Gwen was really pregnant with his baby, she just ruined everything with Courtney.

maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep

Maybe he should have listened to Heather when he introduced Gwen to his friends. Then again Heather hates everyone. She didn't hate Courtney though..

And all those conversations are the secrets that I keep, though it makes no sense to me

He should listen to her more often. Maybe he wouldn't be where is now.

I know you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape

God, if only he would've met Courtney instead of Gwen. If only Trent never broke her heart. They'd probably be together now.

you never want to know how much you weigh
you still have to squeeze into your jeans

But he didn't, and Gwen's still pregnant, and Courtney still isn't talking to him. He had no idea where Courtney is. According to Heather, after work she hopped on the bus to downtown.

but you're perfect to me

Duncan pushed all his thoughts into the back of his head as he finally got out his car. He couldn't think about all this when he was performing. He sighed before he walked into the bar he knew well.

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth

Not paying attention to anyone else in the crowded bar, he made his way to the stage where his keyboardist, Cody was waiting. He high fived him as he walked to the mic.

but if it's true, it's you, it's you, they add up to

"Wassup guys. Tonight we're gonna start off a little sappy. This song is about a girl I met in this very bar, that I kinda fell for. And I thought we were gonna end up happy but life doesn't always end up that way. I hope you guys enjoy it!"

I'm in love with you

Courtney looked up at the stage hearing his voice. Was he talking about her? No he couldn't be, he could have met a million girls in here. Courtney shook her head before she paid the bartender. She looked back up at the stage as the two locked eyes.

and all these little things

But just as his teal eyes met her onyx eyes, he met her brown hair as she walked out the bar. And just like that she was gone... again.

(DISCLAIMER: if anyone's confused. The song is what Duncan was singing to the crowd at the bar that's about Courtney.)