eighteen

"Did you write that.. about me?" Duncan asked the Latina after she had finished performing. She turned to him and nodded shrugging. "It was. Think of it as a wake up call. You didn't listen to me out in the rain, maybe this got to you." Duncan looked at her sadly as she put her jacket on to leave the bar. "Are you really leaving Toronto.. for good?" She looked at him confused as she pulled her hair into a messy ponytail. "Who told you that? I'm going back to Winiberg for a week, my sister is graduating." He sighed of relief putting his hand on his chest. "Oh my god, whew. We all thought you were leaving Friday and never coming back we had a plan and everything to stop you." He laughed with her as she she shook her head. "You guys are crazy!" "Yeah, crazy for you! We all love you Courtney. Maybe me more than everyone else but we all love you." He chuckles as she smiled at him. "Come on, I'm getting you out of here." Courtney said as she walked to the bar and paid his tab. She then grabbed his hand and walked out the bar with him.

Duncan looked at her as they walked to his car. "So, Ms. Barlow where are we going?" Courtney returned the look with a devious smile. "I'm taking you out for a fun night out." She then looked at him seriously when they got to his car. "That doesn't involve drinking." Duncan put his hands up on surrender before getting into the car with her. "Okay, first stop the park." He rolled his eyes at her request as he started driving. "That park? Wow are we five?" She glared at him. "Shut up, and drive!"

~

Courtney grabbed his hand pulling him to the swing set. "Push me." "Oh my god, who are you and what have you done with Courtney?" She laughed playfully hitting his shoulder sitting on the swing. He went behind her and began to push her swing smiling. Once she got enough air, he went to the swing next to her and started swinging himself. "Hey princess, I bet I can get higher than you!" Courtney looked at him smiling. "We'll see about that." They both began to kick their legs in and out to get higher into the air. Duncan laughed looking her before falling off the swing. Courtney's eyes widened quickly stopping the swing running to him. "Dunkie!" He looked at her raising his pierced eyebrow. "Dunkie? Oh god, please don't ever call me that." They both laughed as Courtney helped him up. A water drop hitting his head made him look up at the sky. "And now it's raining." Courtney laughed putting her hand out to him smirking again.

"Finally we're leaving." She shook her head at him as she started running holding his hand. "We aren't leaving. We're gonna dance." "Oh, and now we're in high school musical." Courtney laughed at his remark as he pulled her in. "Can I have this dance?" He looked at her shaking his head. "I don't know what you're thinking, but under no circumstances, am I singing!" She looked at him before she busted out laughing, him joining in midway. "Don't worry, I'll do the singing." She laced their fingers together putting her other hand on his shoulder, as he placed his hand on his waist. She smiled at him as they began ballroom dancing as the rain fell on them, while she hummed the high school musical song to their movements. "Heather is gonna kill me for coming in her house soaking wet." Courtney laughed looking up at him. "I'll let her kill me too, if that makes up for it." He chuckled as they both stopped dancing. The brunette smiled grabbing his face crashing her lips into his before he wrapped his arms around her waist. "I love you Courtney.."