Chapter 1 ~ Harleys POV(11 months later)

People say that you need to face your fears in order to make a difference. But that isn't the case with me.
My vision focussing on one thing, my best friend, Dawn, her hand on my knee. Come on Harley, breathe in and out, look around. Once left. Once right. Coast is clear, Ben isn't here.
"Thank god..." I mutter.
"What was that?" Dawn interrogates, my heart pounding so loud that I can't hear anything else like the laughter, the typical teenage chatter and the yells of happiness because they won a game of Uno.
I look at her, opening my mouth to tell her the truth. But she could never understand. She doesn't understand. A quiet tinge of a voice taunts me at the back of my head.
"Run. Go to the bathroom. You know you want to" I shake my head, trying not to give in to my evil thoughts.
Dawn just looks at me, worried, she clasps onto my wrist and pulls me up, dragging me outside the School Library and around a corner.
"What's up?"
I shrug her off, looking at the floor, unable to look her in the eyes.
"Harlz. Tell me" She tries again, feeling the urge to admit get stronger with each second that ticks by.
"You trust me, don't you?"
I finally look up, making eye contact. Her deep, dark brown eyes were enough to calm me down ever so slightly.
"I... I can't tell you.." I almost whisper, she cocks her head to the side, looking almost confused.
"Can you tell me why?"
I just shake my head, the sick feeling in my stomach rises to my throat.
"I understand, Mochi" She smiles softly, engulfing me in a hug.
"I love you, Bestie" She whispers in my ear.
I plaster a fake smile on my face as if to reassure her that there's nothing to worry about. She smiles then leaves me alone in the long, scarring hallway.