BOOK 2 - CHAPTER 5 ~ HARLEYS POV

Sitting on my desk chair, staring at the clock on my wall, waiting for it to strike midnight so I could try and escape.
I had already called Nikky, asking her if I can stay round hers until I can figure something out.
Of course, she gladly agrees.
Great. Now all I need to do is wait.
I glance around my room. My empty room. The room of which now only consisted of my bed, wardrobe, shelves and any other furniture. Meaning that all my posters, clothes, books and photos are in my case, and are coming with me.
DING DING DING
Midnight finally occurs. I jump up almost instantly, grabbing my luggage before sneaking out my bedroom. Closing all the doors behind me as quiet as possible.
I reminded myself of my plan, reciting it over and over inside my head.
Hallway. Sitting room. Grab your phone. Hallway again. Out the front door then Nikky should be waiting outside in her dad's car.
I sigh. Following through with my plan in the quietest way possible
Which I, thankfully, am able to do successfully.
Closing the front door as quiet as possible before spinning round to face the outside world.
"Yes! I did it! I'm free!" I whisper-yell, feeling the adrenaline fill my body in addictive waves.
Walking down the driveway, scoping out the familiar car owned by Nikkys dad further down the street. I wandered down, following the red lit path way to the car, opening the boot and throwing my belongings into the the back.
Nikky must have turned around in the two back seats and noticed me.
"Harley! I'm so glad that you're back! And that you're safe!" She grins as I look up at her and smile.
"Come on! Get in so we can get you safe" She gestures to the seat next to her.
My grin widens as I slam the boot shut and walk over to the side door, opening it and relaxes as I sit in the seat. Leaning back in the chair as I turn to look out the window as the car leans forward and begins to move.
Feeling at peace as I watch the raindrops fall upon the car window, gently lip syncing to the muffled music coming from the car radio.
Finally.
I'm at peace.
After 30 minutes of driving, we finally reached our destination.
Nikkys home.
Getting up, grabbing my suitcase from the boot and waddles inside, following the rest of the McAdley family.
Feeling a comforting feeling of familiarity. Knowing the place I'm now at. Calming me.
I'm gonna love it here. It'll be better than on the streets.
I smile. Walking straight up and directs myself to the guest room. Looking around.
There's something so calming and reassuring about this room. Could it be how familiar it is? How familiar the cream coloured walls and ruby red carpet is? Perhaps I will realize this later during my stay.
Walking over to the bed, collapsing onto it, laying on my back, facing the ceiling.
I'll be safe here.
It's like a utopia.