BOOK 2 - PROLOGUE

"17/07/2020

To Cody,
I miss you. I don't know what happened. Last I saw you, we were at that party with Jacob, Jake and the others. Where did you go? Don't you love me? No. What am I saying? Of course you love me. I just wonder if what happened was true. Whether the kiss at the party actually meant something. I'm probably being stupid. I'm an idiot. I know.
I hope you can come home.
Harley."

"15/04/2021
Dear Cody,
Where are you? Did you leave? Why? I'm asking a lot of questions. I'm sorry. I'm just incredibly worried. You've been gone for a year. And I really miss you. I say that every time, but it's true. I really, truly miss you. I just wish you could come home. I really need you. Mum's acting weird. Somethings happened to her and she won't tell me. It might be something to protect me. But I can take it! I promise.
Just please come home.
Harley."

"30/05/2022
Cody,
Please. I'm begging. Come home. I'm writing these for you and you're not coming home. They keep being returned and you never appear. Why? I'm sorry if I did something wrong. I just need you. Please. I beg of you. I need your embrace. I need you with me. Mum's acting stranger than ever. Jacob, Harry and the rest can't compare to you. I need you. Please. If I made a mistake, I'm older than I was, I mean, I'm 17 now! I'm responsible! I'm caring! I just get really hot headed. Please!
Harley"