BOOK 2 - CHAPTER 2 ~ HARLEYS POV

Darkness. It was all around me. I spun around, trying to find something. Anything.
Then. There. Stood in front of me. Was the person I've dreamt of seeing again was here.
Cody.
"Cody.. I missed you.."
Then the scene around us filled in. A green, grassy area with benches scattered around. Tall trees.
It was gorgeous.
"Harley. What are you doing here?"
Something's not right. He's squinting. At me.
"I-I don't know... I came here to see you.. I missed you, Codes" I sound Croaky.
"No.. Harley.. you're not meant to be here.." He shrugs off, turning to the side.
"What? No.. no.. you don't mean that.. I'm meant to be with you.." I whisper, slightly hurt.
"No, Harley. It's not our time. It's not YOUR time... focus on trying to find me first.." He turns his back to me and starts to slowly walk away.
"No! Cody! I don't know where you are! Please! Don't leave me!" He continues to walk away.
I try running after him. But I don't go anywhere.
My arm outstretched with the hope that he'll turn around and come back to me.
But he doesn't.
"NO! CODY! PLEASE! I LOVE YOU!" I scream, pleading for him to come back.
And then darkness.
I shoot up in bed, panting and sweaty.
My eyes dart around, looking for Cody.
"Where is he..?"
My unfamiliar surrounding confuse me more than my vision does.
I was in hospital. Wires attached to my arms, IV drips in my right, a cannula in my left. An oxygen mask on my face.
"He was right there.." I choke out, feeling weaker.
Then there's a sudden knock at the door.
My head snaps to look at it.
Only to see Nick, Steven, Ari and Kasi.
They're not Cody. Nor are they Dawn.
"Hey Harlz" Kasi walks over to me, sitting in the chair beside me, taking my hand in hers.
"How are you feeling?" Steven asks, sounding concearned.
I look at him with pleading eyes.
He stares at me.
"Cody, again?" Nick asks, obviously getting the message.
I just nod my head, fearful that if I talk then the tears might come.
Ari sighs, she knows as well.
"We don't know where he is.. Harley.. we don't know where either of them are..." Nick adds on to his first statement.
"Still" my words come out as a whisper, "I miss him.. I miss both of them.."
My previous fear becomes a reality as tears go streaming down my cheek.
Kasi reaches up and wipes them away but they keep coming.
Tears in fear of Cody.
In fear of Dawn.
In fear if everyone.
All 4 of them crowd around me. But I don't want it. I don't want them.
I want Cody.