Chapter 6 ~ Third Person POV

"...Cody?" The girl whispers, almost unsure whether she knew the man or not. Cody flashes his signature boxy smile. Recognising her voice instantly, he knew it was her by the outline but he wasn't fully sure.
"Harley? What are you doing here?" He asked, pulling her up. But he does not let go of her wrist. Yet, she doesn't pull her hand away.
"Oh! Uh.. just came out her two... uhm" The younger stutters, looking around nervously for some inspiration. "Went out for some milk"
Cody raises an eyebrow in confusion, not buying her excuse.
"This late at night?" He chuckles slightly "All the grocery stores are closed, remember?"
She gulps, sweating slightly as she pulls her wrist out from his grip.
"Uh... Yeah... I knew that.." She whispers, knowing that she's been caught out. And she really didn't want to talk about what Ari said.
And he still wasn't buying it. He was sceptical. He knew what she was actually like, as he had been studying her from a distance for a while.
He's noticed the cuts and scars on her arm, some redder than others, how she gets quiet when shy, how compassionate she is when around others, how she loved to have a laugh at any given moment, how she gets really protective when someone hurts someone she cares about. He also noticed the bad things. Like how she got upset and hurt easily, how she was depressed when remembering something, how she always got scared around one kid, how she'd panic over the smallest of things, how she liked to shut the world out, how she had depression, and how she had Anxiety.
Yet, he didn't notice her personality alone, he picked up on her habits too.
Like how she has a habit of saying "Like" and "Basically", how she often bites her lip or licks her lip while concentrating, how she's normally always fiddling with her hair, how her eyes light up whenever she notices something she loves.
And her features.
Like how she'd grow her nails out and paint them a nude colour, that when she smiles, a dimple on her left cheek stands out and is prominent, her Asian looking eyes.
It all comes down to one word for Cody.
Perfect.
For Harley. She couldn't even find the words to describe Cody.
He lingered in her mind.
If she's having a particularly bad day, she can always think of him and she'll feel better.
It was one of those cliche feelings, but that was her emotions when it came to Cody.
And as if on que, and the prolonged eyecontact wasn't helping. All this added some love into the twos next movement.
The two found themselves moulding their lips together under the moonlight.