BOOK 2 - CHAPTER 3 ~ THIRD PERSON POV

Harley didn't care much for the others conversations around her. She was completely out of it.
Instead, she was having a conversation with her own thoughts.
Cody went missing almost 24 hours after the party. The party was on the 18th of June 2020. Then Dawn went missing 27th of June 2020. Just over a week after Cody went missing. The girl thought to herself. So either Cody and Dawn went missing together or Cody left for a different country while Dawn left with her mum for school?
The girl sighed. Nothing seemed to check out.
She was frustrated. She didn't know why she couldn't figure this out.
She was a smart girl.
Yet she couldn't wrap her head around this.
The others were worried about her. And Cody. And Dawn.

Jacob was more worried for Harley. He was told by his father a week after the party that he had a step sister, who was the same age as him, called Harley.
When he found out that it was the Harley he knew, he was overjoyed.
Then he found out what she had been through and he had made a pledge to himself that he would protect her. 
Yet he wasn't there In time when she overdosed.
He was on his way to see her. But when he got there. She was unconscious. He was the one who took her to hospital.
He was the one who sat there by her side for 2 whole weeks, waiting for her to wake up.
He wanted to help her, but he didn't know how to.
All he knew was that she was breaking.
And it wasn't long until she snapped.

Rosie. Harleys poor mum. Had a secret. A secret that she couldn't tell Harley in fear that she would never talk to her again. Or that she'd burst into tears and would never feel happiness again. Yet she was running out of time. She had to tell Harley soon. For she didn't have long left. Rosie was dying. She had stage 4 brain cancer. She'd lived 2 painful years, chemotherapy didn't work which only hurt her more. Especially when the doctor had told her that she wouldn't live to see the next Christmas. Nor her little girls 18th Birthday. And that broke her.

The 4 girls and 1 boy. Ari, Rose, Kasi, Nikky and Harvey. They all feared for Dawn and Codys safety. Only one knew what happened to Cody. And that was Rose. For Dawn had told Rose where he was, she specifically told her not to tell Harley that Ben kidnapped him. Nor to follow her. Rose was specifically told to keep it to herself and to stay there to take care of Harley with the others. Yet that was 2 years ago. And not even Rose had heard from Dawn. Which only worried her more. Yet she followed her instructions. Harvey tried to support Harley the best he could, being her ex and all, he still feared for her sanity. And feared that this was breaking her in two. Ari and Kasi. They always tried to be there, yet they felt somewhat guilty. They knew about what was happening with Harleys Mum. They knew. And they couldn't do anything about it to help her. When all 5 of them heard about her attempted overdose, they knew that she was suffering, no matter what they did. So they tried harder. Harder to protect her. Harder to try and track the two who went away. They tried. Nothing was going right. And it felt like failure.

Then. There was Nick, Steven, Harry, Phil and Jake. They were lost. They tried every day to help and assist Harley. They tried setting up counselling sessions for her. Yet she never turned up to them. They tried giving her food. But she never took it. They tried everything they could think of, but it never worked. They knew what would work though. They knew that she needed Cody. Nick and Steven would listen to her sob and cry and plead. They would listen to her fragile self talking about the dream she had that night about how Cody was there and how he told her to "Not give up". But they were tired.

They all were tired.