BOOK 3 - PROLOGUE

Harley stood in front of the grave, tears threatening to leave her. The Mental Hospital Security Guard behind her. The orange scraps she was forced to wear makes her skin itch.
I hate this.
They were the constant words that kept forming in her mind.
Ever since her mum died 6 months ago, she'd gone supposed "Crazy", well, according to Kasi she was.
The little snitch, dragging me to the shit hole of a Mental Hospital.
She thought to herself. Feeling the anger build up. And the tears finally spill.
"Its my fault that she's dead... if I was there for just a second.." She whispered to herself, breaking down to her knees, the sobs getting louder and louder as time passes.
But the guard does not move, all he says is "Its alright, Miss Howell"
The girl sits up, tears tumbling down her face.
"It is not alright, Bitch, my mother is dead, I'm stuck in the shithole thanks to Kasi, all my closest friends left me because of that manipulative prick! My boyfriend could be dead and my best friend is god knows where. Now go get me some tissues!" She growls. The emotions were too much for this small being.
The guard nods his head reluctantly and walks off to the nearest store to buy Harley the tissues.
She just turns her head and looks at the graves carvings.

Here lies Rosie Sarah Howell,
01/02/1979-17/09/2022
Aged 43
Died after a 2 long, hard years battling Stage 4 Brain Cancer
A loving mother and sister
You will be missed
Rest in peace

Harley can't take it. The pain of not being there gets stronger and more pungent. She hated it.
"Fuck.. I'm the worst daughter ever.. I wasn't there when my mum died and she probably hates me..."
She felt guilty. It was her fault. If only she'd have known that Rosie was ill, all the signs were there! But she was still blind. And she ran away the night she passed.
The cold, March breeze suddenly picked up. Quickly drying her tears and blowing her mid-lenght hair out of her face.
The graveyard was empty, or so she thought.
There, in the shadows, behind a tree, was her worst nightmare, Ben.
He was watching her, the moment Harley turned her head to check where the guard was, Ben disappears.
He arrives at his house, going down to the basement, where there, was a bruised, sick looking Cody and pissed off looking Dawn.
"Aww, Dawn, what's with the long face? I've kept you alive, haven't I?" Ben sneers, feeling content with what he's done so far.
"Let us fucking go, you fucking asshole! Cody could die down here!" Dawn screams, not giving in, which she hasn't done once since she left to find Cody, and once she did, Ben knocked her out and tied her up.
"Nope," Ben shakes his head, "Now that isn't part of the plan, is it Davis?" He asks, using Dawns last name, which he knows she hates.
The plan, is to give Harley a letter with his new address, telling her to come there at a specific time and day and to steal her back before leaving Dawn and Cody there to die.
"You're a phsyco!" She screams once again before smirking at a new idea, "Cody is going to die down here, are you really going to kill him before she comes down here?"
Ben raises an eyebrow.
Cody was ill, he was slowly dying from dehydration.
Ben ponders for a moment before going upstairs to retrieve a water bottle before throwing it at Cody,
"Drink up if you want to see your "precious" girl before I actually leave you to die"

Meanwhile, Harleys guard finally made a reappearance with some tissues, she takes them without looking away from the grave.
She mumbles a quick "Thank you" before wiping her already dry eyes with one and gets up, heading back to the shithole used as a mental hospital.
Man, did she hope that today was visitation day.
She wanted to get out so bad.