BOOK 2 - CHAPTER 1 ~ HARLEYS POV

(Trigger warning, depressing subjects)

"28/08/2022
Dear Cody,
I'm sorry I didn't write to you yesterday, I fell asleep the moment I got home. How have you been? Life hasn't been the same since you disappeared, Nick, Steven and the others all take in turns to check on me each day. Mum thinks that you're running from someone. But I don't believe her. I know you wouldn't hide from someone. I just can't believe that you're gone. I guess that you don't know where Dawn went either. She went missing not long after you did. I miss you, Codes. Please be safe.
Harley"
I sigh, glancing over at the box overspilling with letters to both Cody and Dawn, each labelled with who they're addressed to and the date they were written. Some trialling back to when I found out that both of them were missing. And that was over 2 years ago.
Worry strikes my heart each time I think about it, knowing that they're gone and not knowing where they've gone.
I sigh, leaning back in my chair, swinging my head back to stare at my ceiling before closing my eyes.
And that's when I feel the numbness wash over me. Stronger than it ever had in the past. Standing up randomly, knowing full well what I was going to do. And no parent, nor counsellor could tell me otherwise.
Marching to the medicine cabinet, rummaging through it, desperate to find the box containing my freedom. And I finally find it.
Tylenol, adult dosage 8 pills per day (4,000 mg) to 6 pills per day (3,000 mg). 2 pills every 6 hours.
And there was a dozen left in the pack.
Taking the opportunity, I swallow all the remaining pills dry, staring at myself blankly in the mirror.
"I look like shit" I mutter. Rolling my eyes at my reflection as I turn around and go back to my dull room. Walking to my bed and falling on top of it, already feeling lifeless.
That's when the waterworks occur.
"I've tried so hard to find you..." I sob. "And yet, it doesn't work. It's like you've been wiped from this planet" The tears just keep coming, with no intention of stopping. "And I miss you both so so much.. IT'S NOT FAIR" I scream out. Feeling the pain in my heart triple, unable to contain my emotions.
A mixture of anger and depression making their reveals, with no control.
No control that I could give anyway.
Feeling the anger eventually die down and the sound of my evident sniffling take over the now silence. Hugging my pillow tightly against my chest.
"I just miss you..."
And darkness takes over.