•Chapter 11•

Ethan
  Hovering over the remains of what Emma used to be, tears fell down Ethan's cheeks. She was their friend, and she died a horrible dead. He didn't want to end up like her, but he felt that it was wrong to just abandon her in this house with....Mark. He killed her! Mark is too kind to ever do something as violent as that! He's too kind to even hurt a fly!

  "Ethan, we have to go," Tyler gently laid a hand on Ethan's shoulder. His mind flew back to when Mark-or 'Dark' was talking to Felix and Jack. Right before all he'll broke loose, Dark was going to kill Jack. But instead killed Emma.

  "Why'd he do it," Ethan asked quietly, his voice breaking. Tears were already running down his face, so he didn't hide his occasional sobs from escaping his lips. "That wasn't Mark, that was.....someone else," Tyler replied in a calm and sympathetic voice. "If it's not Mark, then where is he," Ethan asked again, his eyes still on Emma's corpse. Tyler sighed in response, shaking his head. "I don't know. But I do know that Emma wouldn't want us to get killed while we're standing over her. So let's just go."

  Ethan bent down next to Emma, looking into her dead eyes. Ignoring all of the intestines, organs, and blood around her, he closed her eyes gently. "I'm sorry Emma, you don't deserve any of this." "She was a good person, and an even better friend," Tyler added, watching Ethan as he stood up and wiped his eyes.

  Tyler grabbed Ethan's arm and pulled him out of the building, stepping into the forest. You could hear small feminine shrieks coming from some bits of the forest. "Well, I'm glad I didn't bring my girlfriend," Ethan chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. Tyler smiled at him weakly, "Yeah."

Jack
Felix stared at him in disbelief, clearly stunned by the fact that he also has a demon.

"Why is this even important?" Anti asked impatiently, "we need to find Dark before he kills another one of your puny, human friends." Jack's mind flashed back to Emma, and her corpse now lying on the ground inside the house. "What're we gonna do," Felix said in desperation, snapping Jack out of his thoughts. "What is it saying," he asked again, "the demon-I mean. What does it say?"

"Tell him I said he's a prick," "No," Jack said aloud with a chuckle, forgetting that Felix was there. The Swede raised his eyebrows up in confusion. "One, he said you're a prick," "oh thanks. I really appreciate that!" Felix said in an enthusiastic voice, pretending to be thankful for the demon's comment. "And two, he doesnt say much. But when he does, it's....comforting....in a way. I think he's one of the good demons." "Awwwww shucks," Anti said with a laugh. Felix sighed, his eyes still wide with horror and grief. "I hope you're right about that demon, considering the fact that the other one just killed Emma," his voice cracked when he said 'Emma'.

  All of a sudden, Jack heard a dark voice whisper from behind them. He whipped his head around, along with Felix. Sure enough, Dark was standing there with a smug grin. "My advice to you: never lower your guard," he said. "Duck," Jack obliged, seeing a knife zoom right above his head. Jack gripped Felix's wrist tightly and booked it, dodging a thick branch as he ran. Felix was looking back every two seconds, while Jack refused to glance back.

  The Irishman cried out in pain as he felt a sharp, piercing pain in his lower back. He fell to his knees, bringing Felix and him tumbling down a hill. He let go of Felix and they both rolled down until reaching a stop. Jack breathed heavily, his head spinning. Felix bounded up to his feet, "come on we have to go," he pulled Jack up, only for him to fall down two seconds later. "Oh no no no no," the Swede mumbled. Jack reached over and touched his back, immediately feeling a sharp object lodged in it. His eyes widened, and Felix immediately realized what was wrong. Jack gripped the handle of the blade and was about to pull it out, when Felix stopped him. "Don't, I think it's stopping the bleeding," Jack looked at him as if he was crazy, wheezing. Every part of him was screaming to pull it out, he wanted to get the blade out of him immediately. It hurt so much.

  Felix, without a word, ripped off the sleeve of his white long-sleeved shirt. "Felix, you don't have to-" "nope. I don't wanna hear it. You're Irish ass is getting out of here alive." Jack felt a drop of liquid touch his shoulder.

You've got to be kidding me.

  Dark must've planned very well, because they are in the middle of nowhere while it's raining.

  The pair froze, hearing a rustling in the bushes. Jack tried to get up to his feet, but cried out in pain when he felt the knife push deeper in his back. "Felix, g-get ou-out o-of here," he wheezed, trying to get through to his friend. However, Felix didn't move a muscle, his expression unreadable. The person-most likely Dark, stepped into view, their silhouette being the only thing Jack could see. "ARIN," Felix blurted, standing up and rushing over to the Grump. Jack watched in pain as Felix pulled him into a hug, tears running down Arin's face. Jack once more tried to stand up, but inhaled sharply.

  Felix spun around, remembering Jack, and ran over to him. "What's wrong," Arin asked, full of worry. "W-Well, I have a-a knife in my ba-back," he pointed to the blade, and Arin immediately ran towards him.

  It was sprinkling lightly as Felix placed his torn off sleeve on his knee. "Alright, I'm gonna pull the knife out now, okay," Felix said gently. Jack nodded, bracing himself for the massive amount of pain he'd feel. He felt Felix grip the handle of the knife, making the Irishman wince. Just as Felix ripped the knife out, Jack let out a shrill scream. To stop him, Felix's hand clasped over his mouth. He felt his black shirt lift up slightly, along with a tight pressure. Jack let out a small cry, and Felix mumbled an apology.

Bob
  "HOLY FUCK, RUN!" Bob shouted to Wade and Ken, dashing out of the door. He took a quick glance back, seeing Felix rip Jack from out of the doorway and running the opposite way of them. "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH MARK?!" Wade shouted, running beside Bob, "I don't think that's Mark!"

  Bob tugged Wade and Ken along, breathing rapidly. His heart was beating so quickly that he couldn't keep up with it. The other two were completely freaking out, so someone had to be the tough one. "What if we can't find them," Ken asked, sounding heartbroken. "What if everybody is dead and we're too late to help them?!" Bob exhaled shakily, picturing Mark hovering over all of his friends' corpses, grinning evilly. "There's got to be some reason Mar-er-Dark wants us here, he wouldn't have gone through the trouble of setting up all of this!" Bob argued, looking back at the other two men.

  Wade's head was down, a grim expression on his face, while Ken had a horrified expression. "Wade, are you okay," Bob asked, Ken looked back at him. "I miss Mark," his voice broke at the mention of the half-Korean man. Bob felt tears well up in his eyes, but he forced them back. "I don't know what happened to him, just a few days ago we were all playing uno together!! And now he's trying to kill us! That's so fucked up!!" Wade started crying now, wet tears streaming down his face, Ken wordlessly pulled Wade in for a hug. Then he grabbed Bob and pulled him in with them. "It's gonna be fine," Ken said softly, sounding unsure of himself. "We're gonna get Mark back."

Felix
  "We've got to know how many survivors are left, if any at all. Arin, have you seen anybody else?" Felix asked quizzically, looking at Arin, who's face darkened. "I saw a few, I saw Bob, Ken, and Wade run the opposite way of us. Ethan and Tyler ran out together. Marzia....." Felix's eyes widened at the mention of his fiancé.

Please don't be dead please don't be dead

  "She followed Bryan, I haven't seen her since." "What about Dan and Suzy, you guys are always next to each other," Felix suggested, eyeing Arin curiously. Arin's eyes turned glossy, looking like he was about to cry. "They're....uh......" he stuttered, his voice breaking slightly. Jack and Felix exchanged solemn glances, before Felix wrapped Arin in his arms, feeling awful for the poor man. His best friend and his wife are dead. "I'm so sorry," Felix whispered, feeling tears in his eyes. "They were amazing people," Jack said solemnly. Arin pulled away from Felix, wiping his eyes. "We shouldn't...w-we shouldn't dwell on I-it anymore, let's just get out-out of here."

  Felix bent down and helped pull Jack up, who inhaled sharply. "I guess we were back-stabbed by our best friend," Felix joked, trying to lighten the mood. "And as for Jack, literally." Jack let out a small chuckle, and Arin smiled. It was good to see them smile. It was always good.