Chapter 3 : The Fire Dragon

As the next day rises and the battle field lay lithered with the corpses of men and beasts.

The Red Scarves have establish a firm iron grip on ' Krampus Hill' asides from the Legions already guarding the area they've begun building defensive works all around the area.

In addition they also constructive Tesla Towers, capable of stopping any kind of magic spell and even destroy anything in a large area Tesla towers were widely used all around Krampus hill, bunkers and earth works firing platforms, AA Guns, pillboxes, automated machine gun turrets and even sentry Drones where deployed in the area.

As Dean and his Contubernium were assigned to check for any stragglers from last night's massacre.

As Dean and his men were checking around they looked up and saw Slip space portals open up and he saw hundreds of Battle Ships and Battle cruisers come out of slip space having been delayed from the long travel.

The Battleships however were larger and toward over the Battlefield as Dean and his Penal Legionnaires cheer at the sight of the ships. And as The Battleships dominated the battlefields its smaller yet Effective and Deadly sister ships the Battle Cruisers provided escorts.

Dean kneels down and grabs a sword broken in half, Victrix steps in and say. " we killed at least 20.000 they say" Dean stands up and Replies " Add that to the enemy troops we killed back in Aphrodite that's almost 2 army corpses of men".

Victrix notices the tone in Dean's voice and asked the question
" your worried ?"

" Of course not... But with the sheer quantity of troops we killed,... Do you remember what I said back in Aphrodite? "

Then It came to Victrix, and he soon realised the enemy will simply bleed themselves to death if they keep mounting hopeless offensives against them.

" This soldiers here were lucky they died almost instantly from the rocket Tanks" Dean impales one of the dead soldiers with the sword before motioning his men to move out.

As they were returning to base they noticed another Penal Legionnary squad they found a group of Stragglers.

They put them to their knees and as they begged for mercy, the sounds of Gunfire filled the air the soldiers fell were they stood but Dean and his men only walked past as if its nothing to them for they too commuted grim acts to accomplish a goal.

As they approached the base the walls were almost finished made with Viber metal mesh strong enough to hold against a Direct Nuclear blast.

As Dean and his Contubernium were returning to there Barracks a loud speaker operated from Red Scarf Legion Headquarters called out his name.

" Decanus Dean please report to the Legion Ops. Center,... please report to the Legion Ops. Center."

Dean turns to Victrix.
And motions him to get the lads to the barracks while he goes to report to the Ops Center.

As Dean entered the Steel Pre-fabricated Operations center he saw Radio operators and other such personnel orginizing Legion commands troops movement Supply lines and all the basics a Legion relied upon to be a well oiled war machine.

A Red Scarf radio operator motions him and point him to Legatus Varus's table.

As Dean approached, Varus stood up and Dean Saluted Varus speaks up.

" At ease soldier"

" Penal Legionnary Dean Mcreed reporting for Duty sir!"

Varus then briefs him on the situation.

" As you know we are in enemy territory now.

Sissinius wants us to conduct a blitzkrieg to take the enemy cities however we can't very well strike without knowing a thing or two about this place."