Chapter 7 : Evacuation

As the evacuation dragged on Dean noticed the change in the geography, he checks in with Cass

" Cass get me our exact coordinates "

Cass nods, and uses the holomap technology granted to her and uses it to pinpoint where they are Cass uses her communicator to relay information to the whole Contubernium.

" Decanus, we should be coming up to a place the locals call Rosh Hill, we put quite some distance between us and Coda. "

Then another voice gets on the comms network.

" Hey Uh Dean. I uh think we have a problem "

From the tone of his voice its clearly Mike.

Dean gets in comms and says
" What's the problem ? "

" We got a broken cart were on it "

Mike cuts off comms, and he and another Penal Legionnary. Dave got off and tries to help the family with their cart.

Thomas also gets off the assist all 3 Penal Legionnaires push the cart and due to the finesse imposed in their requirements they push it reletivelly easily.

Thomas being a good soldier on duty went up to check in the horses.

Mike then asks Dave.
" Do you know who -"

Just then a little girl about 8 or 9 comes up to Both if them, and asks " Um, excuse me " she notices their Red eyes in fear and her voice is a bit nervous from seeing them. She can't see their faces.

Dave and Mike's combat visors translate, and Mike asks

" Yeah what's the problem kid.?"

The Little girl pulls out a piece of paper which is very clearly Thomas's writing and asks
" What is ' Machinima '? "

" Machinima is uh... I actually don't know either, hey Dave do you know? "

" NOPE! I've played scrabble a lot and I've never come across that word, I don't even think it's in the dictionary "

Mike then turns to the little girl and says.

" Well sorry kid guess we dont know either "

Dave then turns to Mike and says
" I think it's slang " Mike then says " No this has way too many syllables to be a slang word "

" Its probably some kind of industry term " says Dave

Mike replies
" Yeah Probably. "
The little girl then runs back to her cart not filling all that comfortable with their Red Eyes.

" Ech. Guess our uniforms spooked her " said Dave

" Yeah you scared her, she probably thinks were some magical creature with our uniforms guys." said Thomas

" I understand why their all spoked I mean they haven't exactly been open to us since we meet them at Coda village, let's look at the reasons here. "

Mike continues by saying
" No one's singing their version of ' Joy to the world ' ever since we showed up and kicked their ass. "

" Yeah you got a point there, some of em even backed off when I walked past. " Said Thomas.

" Actually we COULD try talking to the kids and give them this. "
Dave then pulls out a Chocolate bar they were issued as a means of being friendly with the locals.

" I'm gonna try and give the kids the choco I mean they do like sweets right and besides it could be a greeting " Dave walks over to a cart.

Mike then realizes where Dave gets the idea his proposing
" Wait a minute, No its not! That's from a movie! That's not gonna help us!!! "

" Well he is right about Kids liking Sweets Mike. " said Thomas.

" Well OBVIOUSLY they like sweets Thomas ! Their eating the chocolate bar right now! " Dave then point at the kids in the cart as they never before tasted Chocolate.

" Hey! Don't shout at me why are you made anyway ? " said Thomas.

" I'm not Mad! I'm just - nevermind. " he then turns to Dave and says " Alright Dave if you want to continue with your Kid charming routine knock yourself out" Dave then walks back to the JSDF Jeep with Victrix.

Thomas checks on every other Cart and he takes his Helmet off reveling his human face.

Then he comes to a Cart packed full with Books and what Thomas can safely assume to be this world's version of magical Incantations.

As Thomas was looking through the carts axcel and wheels for any sort of Damage, Thomas never payed much attention to the magical blue aura that made the Cart levitate of the ground, as there was magic much much more powerful then in this world.

As he kneeled to look underneath the cart Thomas failed to Notice an Aquia Till haired Girl look at him with interest.

" Umm. Exsuse me. Soldiers of the Red Eye. "

Thomas hears the voice and it sounded familiar and he turns to his left to see the same girl that tried to help him and Mari back at Coda.

" Oh its you again, my name is Thomas. "

Lelei sat their not knowing all that much English, Thomas also sat confused and it hit him. He puts his helmet back on and Translates it.

" My name is Thomas, Tho-mas. "

" Tho-mas... Thomas you were the soldier i saw helping that girl at Coda " said Lelei.

" Yeah and your that girl - I didn't get your name " Thomas said, part of him felt like getting zapped with some kind magic zapper, Thomas has been on dates and his been zapped a lot of time he was never great with girls.

He was expecting to get zapped when Lelei spoke up.
" My name is Lelei la laleina I'm from the lordo tribe "

Thomas was relieved and congratulated himself as this is litteraly the first girl that didn't shove him out and zap him.

" Oh uh. Nice name " out of nervousness from talking to girls he gives out a faint but ultimately ridiculous sounding laugh.

Lelei couldn't help but laugh a little at what he just did. And Thomas just roles with it and he too laughs.

From the front Dean could see Thomas mengling with that blue haired girl.

He smirks and Nods his head while saying " Kid you never change "