Chapter 17 : Hunt For The Flame Dragon.

Tech Priest Dante and Yao enter the Alnus settlement, JSDF soldiers let the Tech Priest through though are still disturbed by his spooky nature.

Tech Priest Dante and Yao enter a tavern and there he saw both Rory and Itami sitting toghter and drinking bear, however Before Dante could approach. Yao went up and said

“ Exscuse me. Are you the man they call Itami. ”

Dante quickly followed in pursuit and looked at Itami. “ We may need you to bring Tuka ”

Itami looked at Dante, surprised
“ What ? Why ? ” Dante gave off a machine like moan and said
“ Were hunting for the flame dragon. ”

The entire tavern went dead silent, all eyes looked at Dante. They've heard of the Red Scarves and how serious they were when given an order. Though it was madness to go after it. The tavern chose not to incourage them otherwise.

“ So you want to hunt the flame Dragon. Well I guess it would be fine. But hell man don't bring me into this. ” said Itami, Dante looks  at him and said “ Very well then.” respecting Itami's decision.

But as they were about to leave
Rory spoke up “ Actually I would like to come. ”

Dante looked back and acknowledged her request and so the 3 made their way back to Dean and his Contubernium.

Dante briefed them all about the objective, The main objective was to find and kill the Flame Dragon. But also to use its Corpse as a template for a one of a kind enforcer unit. Although Rory and Yao initially objected againts using the beast as a Red Scarf enforcer here in the Special region, Dante reassured them that it was not meant as a weapon. He said the read Scarves were only exploring the potential use of a dragon. If it proves impractical then they will terminate the thing.

However if it proves useful as a intemidating and terrifying enforcer unit that can keep the other kingdoms in check, then they will keep that Flame Dragon alive.

The ALC moved swiftly through the forests, using reports from locals and Red scarf reports and Dante also used the Red Scarf Battle cruisers to try and track the Dragon down.

Rory looked at Dante they've been travelling across the swartz woods and Elbe for 2 days now she asks “ Dante Dear, why would you want a flame dragon ?you have weapons that can defeat them with ease. ”

Dante let out a mechanical Chuckle and he looked at Rory saying :

“ It is becouse we want to use it as an enforcer, it is no trivial matter to kill such a beast as this. However using it to keep order is.

We kill it, we send a clear message to the empire what they have provoked. Then we move to deal the final push againts our foes to make our message legitimate.

We want to know what their dealing with. We are the Red Scarf Traitor Legion. And we will die before we let others get in the way of our freedom, just look at it from our perspective Rory and Yao. ”

Yao looked at him in shock. Then she asks

“ Your going to destroy the Empire because you hate it ? ”

Dante looked back at both of them and said the words that will be iconic and forever engraved into the people of Falmart.

“ No. We'll destroy it because its
inevitable that it would be destroyed. It hagalion dialectics not personal ansmosity. ” What Dante said shocked Yao and Rory just grew more and more interested as Dante continues talking

“ how can I explain such I thing to you ? It's a philosophy of sorts. The kind you might encounter if you took time to research into book, the fundamental premise is to see history as a sequence of dialectical conflicts, that begin with a proposition. ' A Thesis.'

... Which would in all due likelihood create its opposite an antithesis, Thesis and Antithesis. And so the conflict is enevitable, then that conflict would breed something new. A Synthesis. Eliminating the flaws in both, thus leaving behind common elements and ideals. ”

As the ALV nears the Dragon's nest Rory and Yao listen to what Dante has to say about this war

“ This war of ours will wipe the slate clean, the Saderan civilization will be put down to such a level of ignorance. That will effectively put their cultural progress back to zero.

The Sanderans have many of the problems of the ancient Covenant Republic back in our world, the infighting. The corruption, extreme beurocracy, extensive senatorial infighting
Just as with the Old Republic, it is only natural that The Red Scarves should conquer and Destroy the Empire to transform it into a Military athocrasy while its culture and history and even its memories will be... Eradicated.

The Gate, is our Rubicon, like Ceaser's campaign in Gaul, so will we conquered and convert  the empire. Long term stability at all costs, but the new synthesis will change the JSDF as well, from a comparatively small nation to something that can be called a Technological super power. With the help of our technology. ”

Rory then asks Dante what he makes of the Emperor. He replied

“ Do you want my opinion as a Tech Priest, or a Traitor ? Actually my opinion is the same either way.

As the lead Tech Priest of the Red Scarves I've seen and learned a lot of things through out my lifetime.

Did you know that Molto's reign lasted 52 years ? And that his son  Zorzal enslaved the warrior Bonnie tribe for his amusement ? Does that sound like an Empire to you ? Or a barbaric people who took the form of a Hereditary Dictatorship ? ”

As Yao was listening to the Tech Priest. Rory was just getting more and more aroused by The Red Scarves perspective on the war and she asks Dante “ What if the emperor were to die ? ” Rory then listens to what his answers is

“ If the emperor were to die, then the bastard of a " Genius " Zorzal will take power. ”

“ What makes you think he will take power ? ” asked Yao, Dante looks at them giving a brief laugh and said to them “ Becouse The Senate wouldn't dare oppose him he has the Army's love and support for the war with Japan. ”

Dante then leans forwards and says “ Imperialism has been its weakness, NOT its strength. ”

Then Finally they came to halt, they have reached the Dragon's  nest