Chapter 12 : All Quite In Italica.

Itami and his team, alongside Tuka, Lelei and the Oracle Rory Mercury travel to Italica to sell dragon scales from the battle of Alnus Hill, the JSDF took this as an opportunity to see how trade in this world works.

As they approach the outskirts if the City however, they notice figures up the road, and as they approach Red Scarf Legionnaires halted them.

Itami and his team were confused at the sight of Red Scarves, then he looks at Italica and that's when he realized what has happened here.

" Itami it appears the Red Scarves have taken Italica, I see they broke through the walls " said Lelei. Looking through the binoculars.

" They took the entire city ? " asked Takeo, Itami replies.

" Yeah looks like it, Dean wasn't lying when he said they were gonna fight. "

2 Red Scarf Legionnaires and 2 Penal Legionnaires approach them " JSDF, we weren't informed you were coming to Italica. " Itami tracked the voice down to a Dark cloaked machine thing with red eyes.

Machanical tendrils and tubes hang from its body and he seems to have to flesh at all, and he also has machine like claws petruding of its back

" He... Looks like trouble. " commented Itami, Shino commented " Are those Tentecles ? What are those ? "

" I don't know guys, maybe we should just turn tail back to Alnus. " Commented Takeo.

" Unexpected visits aside, I'am Tech priest Dante, Red Scarf Traitor Legion. " The Tech Priest looks at the JSDF vehicle, mechine like Tendrils latching unto its haul, " Very Interesting " He remarked.

" Very well you may pass. " Dante orders then through, and the JSDF pass into Italica, " Man, that guy's just spooky. " said Shino.

As they parked outside the city, they saw the decimated and mostly destroyed walls, as Tuka Lelei, Rory and Itami enter they were greated by wounded civilians, And Body piles of the dead defenders being staked up one after the other, Rory can feel the souls coming through her to emroy.

" Dean I shouldn't have to tell you twise that this is a crumbling empire. " Mike said to Dean.

Dean Turner to him saying
" I can see that " then he noticed men in green uniforms, Dean leaves Mike to his own devices while he greets the JSDF.

" Itami ! I didn't know you were coming here to Italica. " Said Dean, Itami turned around and said " Oh hey Dean, you guys did a lot of damage. "

Dean gave a sigh and commented
" In war damage can never bd avoided, but. Still. "

" I see you two got acquainted, we're you not informed I am to accompany you back to Alnus ? "
Dean and Itami turn to the Gate and saw Dante approaching them and as he stops Itami asks
" What ? Dean what's Dante talking about ? "

" Do you remember when Liberalis worked out a deal ? Yes well. Part of that deal included that we introduce you to our advanced technologies. " said Dean.

" Oh yeah. That's right that Liberalis guy made a deal did he ? " As Itami, Dean and Dante discussed about the upcoming display of Technological might.

Mike approaches Dave, who he sees looking through a pile of trash and says

" Dave, I shouldn't even have to explain this. we're uniform officers in duty, so dumbster diving. Is not cool. In fact. It wouldn't be cool even if we were OFF duty. So Get out of there ! "

" Hold on ! I almost got it ! "
Cried Dave

" Just hurry up before anyone sees you. " Mike then moves away from the dumpster, before Dave speaks up again.

" Got it ! "
Mike then turns around and asks
" Got what ? " Dave replies " You'll see!"

" This better not be a dead cat. " said Mike to which was picked up by Mike Saying " Better ! "

As Mike began to make his way down the junk pile, Dave just turns to streets and gave a sigh before confronting Mike

" I'm Glad I can't smell you through this mask. " he commented.

" I found a Holonet Radio. " said Dave, this got the interest of Mike
" Hey really ? Is it on ? " Dave replies " I think so I got the power to come on. "

" Well let's hear it " as Mike says those words, Dave sets it down and activates it The Holonet Radio activates and the small device no more then the size of a finger nail, glows in its Blue Color, Dave uses a Holographic dial to change the color to Red and he begins looking for a signal.

The first signal was of a man
" Let me remind all citizens of the dangers of Magic playcards - "

Mike cuts him off
" Agh. Not more of this crap, change the channel see if you can get some music. "

Dave tries to look for another signal coming across a signal of a play.

" Station 6 this is Red Ivan West do you read ? "

Dave switches to another channel and he tries looking for music. He gets tuned into some old police show chatter.

" Officer down all units covered on my -"

Then Dave finally gets some music.

" Hey there we go. " said Mike. Then the song started playing. In a very weird way and a weird tone.

" What the - " said Mike in confusion. " What are they saying ? Air- Pollution - so - Good ? "

" Alright turn it off this is just weird " said Mike he then continues after the Radio was shut off.

" Well that was a disappointment" said Dave

" Yeah. Man Radio here in the human empire kinda sucks. " said Mike then Dave turns to him saying
" You mean the empire ? "

" No. The ' Other ' humanoid beings that conquered Falmart. "
Said Mike.

Dave commented
" Oh come on its not like they got empires of their own. "

" Yeah, but how many species have lived here on the Falmart? " said Mike.

" Uh " are the only words that could come from Dave's lungs. Then Mike Broke the silence
" Anywho, Mike Barnes here. Today's topic on Falmart Invasions is brought to you by Penal Legion L. N. Funker Company number. One "

" Mike quit being such a smart ass ! If you meant the Empire. Why didn't you say The Empire ? " asked Dave.

" Because its a stupid name. I mean it's a verb for crying out loud. People arnt Verbs, there nouns ! " said Mike

Dave then replies.
" Actually I think it's also the name for some sort of farming equipment, like a water sprayer or something. "

Mike then replies.
" Well that's even worse ! Now we got something that can mean to mix things toghter, a piece of farm equipment. And let's see. Oh yeah and it can also mean the most Primitive empire in the known universe. "

" So?" said Dave then Mike says
" So ? Come on man ! Their Romans! We didn't even knew they existed till they dropped in to invade us a few moths ago. I mean their real names are the
San - Sa, Something I can't pronounce. So we asked them for their names and your Telling me ' The Empire' is the best they can come up with ? They should have their own names like Oz. Or ABBA empire or something. "

" ABBA ? " asked Dave, and Mike replied " Well it doesn't have to be that. "

Then Dave turns to see a mysterious cloaked figure. Walking down the street