Like Molecules

In the area by themselves, they began to paint in silence.  The silence between them hadn't gone unnoticed, but had been left alone to fix itself.

"What are you painting?"
"I don't know.." He shrugged blandly.
"Would you like to collaborate?" Taehyung asked, hopefully. He only responded with a sigh. And that's how an hour flew by until..

Both of them paused. Taehyung's eyes traveled over to the hand that was now covered in red paint. His eyes got big as his eyes got smaller.

Great.. Now I'll be caught red-handed. Literally..

Dumbfounded, he sighed as he nodded before spraying him back. "I guess that's fair.." He trailed off before being sprayed again. Silence followed.
"We're even now." He nodded in satisfaction of the fact that V was now covered in blue spray paint. V then took the liberty of spraying him back. They sprayed each other until they were covered in paint and began to fight.

"Namjoon, we should break it up."
"Not yet. They need this."

And sure enough, the boys' swings got weaker and slower. Eventually, V tackled Agust D to the ground screaming, "Sorry! I said I'm sorry alright?" Agust still struggling with V on top was being choked to calm down. "Why can't you just fucking forgive me?" From that moment, Agust realized that Taehyung had started to cry. He watched as he felt his heart ache a little before completely lying still. And somehow, V's deep breaths turned into light laughter. "I can't do this anymore.. What more do you want from me?"

Once V rolled off of Agust, the two caught their breath before Taehyung said, "I'm sorry. I really sorry, man."

After a moment of laying there echoing Taehyung's words in his head, he sat up for a moment before leaving.

"Agust! You can't leave yet!"
"Just let him be Hobi. He'll find his way back.. He just needs some time."

~

The chill of the night pressed up against him. Holding on to his hat for extra security, they continued to walk in silence until the door opened for them and she situated herself on the couch in front of those familiar faces.

She soon reached forward, bringing one of the photos in particular into view. His still figure soon sitting in front of her, yet she hadn't budged.

At least not until she handed the picture to him.

"Hm." He nodded before lifting his eyes to focus on hers. "And what drew you to this picture?"
"I saw him.." He froze. His gaze now more intense as she spoke. "He came to me in a dream and I think I heard his voice but I couldn't make out a thing that he said. He looked sad.. Covered in bruises and dirt.. And when I saw his hands..

I saw a little blood.."

He shifted his gaze to the floor in discomfort.

No.. I can't let her remember that right now.. I can't tell her the truth.. Please..

Give me more time..

"Please.." She began, snapping him out of his thoughts. "Tell me more about him.."
He sighed. "We were friends at one point in time. And now.. We don't really have a story.."

"Does that mean he's still alive..?"

Silence followed serious eyes. Moments danced away with silence as they held their own conversation before his eyes slowly trailed back to the photo.

Flashes of his smile came back into memory.

His lit-up face was all that he could see.

Yet, the brightest, most haunting memories beheld not only Taehyung's smile from tonight, but the exact resolution of how he looked that day..

"Looking at the picture, I've never had to wonder what happened to us because I've forgotten none of it."

"You say that like it was a painful memory.."

His eyes slowly trailed up to hers before nodding.

"It was.."