Lone-yalty

On his way out, a suspiciously distant figure pinned their eyes on him as his obviously burdened face exit the place.

Officer Jeon? They questioned. But.. You're supposed to be on duty..

Questions pumping through the mysteriously familiar figure's mind, they opted to follow him. Quickly losing sight of the disturbed officer, they opted to wait until the following morning to question him.

~

Jungkook had sorrowfully made his way to the patrol car that had been waiting on him. Sitting there as the radio spewed commands and requests back and forth to other officers, he still had yet to regret what he had done.

He never, ever since that first day they spent together, questioned whether or not being friends with Him was truly worth it.

Having had no family or true friends before, his loyalty and treatment was always that of a dog's.

Blindly following the master;
Constantly begging for a love that would ultimately never come.
And thus, further cementing the fate of a heart that would forever be empty.

~

Jungkook had been sitting on the edge of a dock, wandering off as usual when he was able to get away. He knew that where he had been staying, there was nothing they could offer for him but a beating that would lead others into believing that he was just wild.

But on this particular day, Jungkook wasn't alone.

A few hours of sitting alone when he had heard footsteps coming towards him. Not bothering to turn around because he suspected they had found his hiding spot and were here to beat him again, he slowly closed his eyes waiting to be beaten so hard that he could only roll into the sea. Which is exactly where he wanted to go.

At this point in his life, all Jungkook wanted was to die.

But the beating never came. And when he had opened his eyes, he only saw another set of legs he hadn't recognized sitting right beside him.

For the first time ever, he received a smile from a person that, from that day on, he would forever be loyal to. A friend he knew was bound to change, but a friend that he knew that in no matter what he did, he always did it out of love and with his best interest at heart.

This guy was the one who introduced him to his first family and showed him how to forget all of his problems and to have a good time.

~

And even now, Taehyung would always be remembered by Jungkook as being a great friend.

As his tears slowly filled up the seat in his patrol car, Jungkook's grip tightened on the steering wheel repeating the very same thought he's had since that night.

If I had been the one.. If I had died then, they'd all be alive right now. Sniffling his grief, he shook his head.

"It's all my fault. I shouldn't have lived that day. I should have died."