Chapter 26

“Come on,” I tell to Hot Dog, running towards our front door. I was walking her outside and it started raining so bad, so now both of us are wet. I press the handle to pull the door open, but it's locked. I freeze and tense up. I never lock the door when we go out for a walk. “Let’s try the back one,” I whisper to myself and I run with Hot Dog to the back door. It's locked as well. Panic takes over me. Someone is in my house. My window is closed, but my phone is in my room. I start crying. Someone is fucking in my house and locked the doors. It can't be Nick, he'll come in two weeks because of the tour what will end then. Where can I go? I need help… Jughead.

“Come on, Hot Dog!” I shout. She's enjoying the warm rain, but I am not. The wind is freezing and I'm a little sick anyways. She keeps running with me as I'm holding the strap. It is raining more than I've seen in a year or so. The sky is rumbling, lightning and thunder coming soon. We're already on the Southside. I can already see the trailer park when the lightning hits somewhere and Hot Dog wants to break free.
“Shh, girl. Calm down,” I squat down, making her come to me immediately. “It’s just a noise. Let's go to Juggie,” I tell her quietly, ruffling her wet fur. I'm crying because I'm freezing and scared. She's whimpering because she's afraid of the lightning, it makes my heart break. “Come on,” I say quietly and stand up.
We run on my full speed to their trailer and I ring the doorbell. Jug comes on the door a few seconds later and I let go of Hot Dog who runs inside and under someone's bed probably. His face grows worried as he sees me shaking and wet and crying. “Baby,” he breathes out, pulling me inside, into his arms, and closes the door behind us, locking it. I hide my face into his chest as he holds me in his warm embrace, not caring about getting wet. “You’re shaking,” he whispers to himself.
“Everything okay?” I hear FP's voice.
“No,” I cry and pull a little away from Jug to look at both of them. “I was outside, walking her. Someone's in my house, the doors are locked and all windows are closed.”
“How do you know someone's inside then?” FP asks, panicking, already pulling his Serpent jacket on.
“I don't lock the doors when I'm 5 minutes away. I always lose the keys,” I say, making both of them chuckle.
“Jug, get her warm,” FP says, grabbing his car keys.
“Be careful,” I say quietly.
“Honey, I'm always careful. Don't get sick,” he tells me before leaving the trailer, calling someone, a Serpent, to help him with my house.
“You need a hot bath, but we only have a shower,” Jug says, making me smile a little.
“Hey,” Jellybean says, coming out of their room. “Hot Dog is crying under my bed,” she says.
“She's afraid of the lightning,” I say. She smiles sadly, grabbing a towel and going back there to dry her up probably.
“Come on,” Jug says and takes me to the bathroom. He points at my towel and then looks at me worriedly. “Don’t rush, calm down and get some warmth back inside you, you're freezing. Okay?” I nod and he kisses my forehead softly. “I love you.”
“I love you too,” I say with a small smile. I give him my Serpent jacket and he takes it, going out of the bathroom.
I undress and step in the shower, closing the curtain. I run myself a very hot shower which makes me relax immediately. I stand under it for a few minutes before washing my hair and then stand under it for another ten minutes. After that, I get out, a wave of cold freeing me for a moment, but I quickly wrap myself in my towel and grab my set clothes with me.
I go out of the bathroom, getting even more of that cold air, even though it's the end of June. I go into Jug's and Jellybean's room, where Hot Dog is in Jellybean's bed, under the duvet like Jelly. I chuckle as they both look at me in unison. I ruffle the fur on Hot Dog's head and she lowers it again, resting her head on Jelly's chest and licking her chin.
Jug comes in the room. He smiles at me and I look at his bed. He has put his hoodie, T-shirt and sweatpants out for me. I smirk and look at him thankfully.
“Jelly, give her some underwear,” Jug says.
Jelly looks at us with a whiny face, “I’m comfortable at the moment. She's cute,” she says, looking at Hot Dog. She licks her mouth, making us chuckle. I walk to their closet and take a pair of Jug's boxers instead. He looks at me with a smirk and raised eyebrows. “It's still summer, baby, I'll get a heat stroke with all these clothes.”
He chuckles and I change my clothes since Jelly is in her phone anyways and Jug really doesn't care if I'm naked or not. After I've changed and he has put all my clothes somewhere so that they could dry, he takes my hand and leads me into the living room. I smile, seeing a hot chocolate on the table in front of us.
“Thank you,” I say and kiss his cheek, taking it. We sit on the couch and I cuddle into him after what he pulls a blanket over us and kisses the top of my head as I start slowly drinking the hot chocolate he made me.
“You know, Hot Dog really loves Jellybean now,” he says with a pouty voice, making me giggle.
“I love you,” I say with a baby voice.
He smiles proudly and kisses my nose. “You better,” he says and tightens his arms around me. I smile and keep drinking. “Do you think someone's really in your home?”
I nod. “It was creepy, both doors locked, my window closed.”
“You need to lock the doors,” he says softly.
“I was like two minutes away,” I say. He sighs and kisses my temple.
“You wanna watch Netflix?” he asks. I nod. He smiles and stretches his arm out to take his laptop. He puts it on our legs and we choose a movie.