<45> Narrative⁵

"My feet hurts" Mina mumbled through the air. She's wearing a hills on their date. Chaeyoung who heard it, stop her track and turn to her. Chaeyoung look at her feet and drag her to the nearest seat.

She kneel down, gesturing to lift her feet on her lap. "What?" Mina asked dumbfounded. "Give me your feet" Chaeyoung said, Mina complied.

"Why are you wearing hills anyways?" She said while removing her hills and when she completely removed Mina's, she started to remove her's. 

"Just because, you know.." Chaeyoung hummed softly. Then she wear her rubber shoes to Mina and she wear Mina's hills. Mina smile while blushing a little. She just imagine this scene in her mind. Not knowing that it will come true.

Then they started walking again. Mina comfortably walk while looking at her feet. Relieved. 

"So, this is your last day here in Korea" Even though Chaeyoung don't want to bring that topic, she have to. Chaeyoung caressed her hands against her. Swaying their intertwined hands slightly while walking silently between an ocean - reddish and brownish leaves fallen on the ground - trees.

Mina glance at her, examining her reaction. Mina find it amusing on how Chaeyoung manage and hide her expression where she wanted to show it, but she decided not to. Mina knows that Chaeyoung don't want her to go, yet. And Mina can't help to that.

She sigh silently, humming in process. "Well, yes. Don't you want me to go?" She asked, knowing her answer already by the look on her face. 

Chaeyoung took time to answer. Thinking the time she spend with her over a days of vacation here in Korea. 4 days isn't enough for her. 4 days isn't enough to fulfill her longiness with her for months. Days is isn't enough.

Chaeyoung shake her head and smile slightly to hide her sadness. "I don't want you to go, yet. But I know that you have to..." She look at her and smile brightly to lit up the mood. Showing her dimple in process.

Mina close the small gap between them, lifting her hand to wipe off the bright smile off her face. She wanted to know her true expression, no hiding feelings. "Cut that smile of yours. I know you're sad about my leaving tomorrow." Mina squeeze her hand. "Don't hide it" She added.

Chaeyoung's smile slowly drifting into thin and flat smile. "I just don't want to drop the mood. It's our last day of our date. I want this to be memorable as well as the first one" Chaeyoung look at her. 

A moment of silent for the both of them. Somehow it was comfortable. Wind continue touching their exposed skin, giving some chilly feels. The sound of dried autumn leaves as they step on it relaxing them in some reason.

After a few minutes of walking, they arrived at the Han River. Mina got confused first but she let Chaeyoung do what she wants this time. 

Chaeyoung keep leading the way, walking to the empty benches - facing the lake. Chaeyoung gesture her to take a sit first before her. 

"This is where we started," Chaeyoung began while looking at the view in front of them. Mina listen, wondering. "Remember when you asked me where I got your number?" She finally look at Mina. Mina nod her head in response. "This is bench where I got your number" Mina's eyebrows arc in amusement.

"Me, Dahyun eonnie and Tzuyu went here before. We were just making fun of everything we saw. And I don't remember why we end up betting if the number that written in this bench," She turn around and find the number written in black pen at the back rest of the wooden bench. She pointed it. "This. This is your number. We bet if you replied, then the deal's closed, but if not, I will pay for their meal for a week" She laugh remembering their conversation before. 

Mina smile, tracing the carved number against the wooden bench. Silently thanking her friends that they secretly wrote her number. She then leans in Chaeyoung. Listening to her story.

"But you replied. I have no intentions at all, but in some reason it urges me to know you more. That's why I keep talking to you and yeah, I fell in love so hard" They both laughed. "How so unreal our relationship, fell in love with someone you just met in application and finally see each other for a long time."

Mina hum, agreeing. "I know right. Guess we are just lucky." Mina plant a soft kiss on her cheek that made Chaeyoung froze. For the first time, she felt her soft lips against skin. "I am so lucky to have you" She whisper along with the soft chilly wind.

Chaeyoung smile while blushing. Mina giggled when she saw Chaeyoung's ear turn to red. She lift her hand to rub her ears, feeling the slight hotness of it. She played with Chaeyoung's ear for awhile. 

"I will definitely miss you" Chaeyoung utter. Mina smile and cling to her closer. "I will too. I'm missing you right now" Mina replied softly. Chaeyoung sigh silently. "I don't want this moment to be end. I don't want this day to end. I wanna stay with you as long as I can" 

"We'll do that soon." Mina smile. Leaning off to her. "Let's promise," Chaeyoung turn to her. "After we graduate, let's live together. Let's be forever. No matter how many problems will come, we will solve them together."

Chaeyoung smile nodding her head. "Are you that sure that I am the one for you?" Sudden self conscious. Mina smile too and nod. "That's my heart's telling me" She held her hand again. "Why? Won't believe me?"

Chaeyoung shook her head. "No, it's not that. But sure. Let's make a promise" She rise her other hand and show her pinky finger. Mina did the same too. 

"Promise" They both said and sealed it, interlocked their both pinky fingers. 

-----

"I will miss you" Chaeyoung whisper to Mina's ear. Hugging each other at the airport. Mina hug her tighter. "I will miss you more" She whisper back. Chaeyoung didn't move a little, staying at their position.

Soon, Mina heard a subtle sniff from the younger. Chaeyoung is now crying. Mina bit her lips. "Don't cry, please" She said to her. Chaeyoung immediately wiped her self tears. "You're making me cry too" She added. 

"Sorry, I will not cry again" But her voice betrayed her when it cracked. Mina pull over and lean closer to her to wiped her tears. She smile even though she is crying too. "We'll see each other soon again, so don't worry" Chaeyoung nod.

Sana and Momo entered the picture. "Mina-chan, we need to go.." Though they don't want to interrupt their moment, but their flight is important. Mina nod at them. Mina turn to Chaeyoung again.

She hug her one last time. "I love you" Chaeyoung hug her even tighter, "I love you too"

Mina drag her luggage and wave to Chaeyoung and her friends, bidding her goodbyes to them. Chaeyoung watch them walk far away from them. But she saw Mina stop midway and turn her back. Running to her and hug her for the last time. Tighter than before.

"Let's see each other again. Don't forget our promise" Chaeyoung cried, nodding her head. "I love you" Mina lift Chaeyoung's chin and give a quick peck on her lips. Shocking all of their friends and even Chaeyoung.

"I love you" Mina said one last time after the kiss. "Gotta go now" Chaeyoung nod unconsciously. "I love you too!" She yelled when she snapped back into reality when she found Mina walking away from them.

Mina wave at them, smiling.

"I love you" Chaeyoung whisper to herself, looking at Mina's back slowly disappear from her sight.

 //

sad