<105>

Mina is calling...
Answer || Reject

[Chaeyoung in normal, Mina in bold]

"Hi babe!" Mina cheerfully greeted when Chaeyoung answer the phone. Chaeyoung automatically smile.

"Hi, love. How are you?" 

"I'm good! How are you? Your exam?"

"Urgh!" Chaeyoung groan. "It's was frustrating! But goodness it went well. Reviewing all night for 2 weeks was worth it!" Chaeyoung smile from ear to ear. 

"That's good."

"Did your exam went well too?"

"Yes, I prepared early so less frustration" She giggled, Chaeyoung's smile still plastered on her face. "Still at work?" Chaeyoung hummed.

Silence.

Mina had thought it for a while. She should tell her sooner or later. Or else, the worst thing that she imagine will come true, or it is?

"Love, still there?" Chaeyoung's voice cut her torturing thoughts that's been occupied with guilt.

"Y-yes" Mina chuckle. She push the phone a little bit far so she can't hear the sniff, she's crying, silently. Chaeyoung's voice torturing her, slowly killing her by guilt.

"Anyway! I already gave the first down payment of the house. The landlord told me that we can move anytime soon!" Mina smile, biting her trembling lips to not let out a sob. Head was resting on her knee, phone left on the bed in loud speaker.

Then her mom came into her room. She was about to say something when she heard Chaeyoung's voice, she took the cue to shut her mouth and sit beside her daughter.

"Our graduation practice will start next week, about yours?" She spoke again. Mina glance at her mom - her mom looking at her sympathetically.

"S-same, next week. But our graduation will be next next week" 

"Hmm, same here. So, when do you plan of coming here? Moving here?"

Mina look at her mom. "I-I don't know. You decide?"

"No, you decide. I can take care of the house, fix things there. Anyway, my mom wanted to see you"

Mina buried her face deeper in her knees, ashamed. "I wanted to see her too."

"So when?" Chaeyoung asked excitedly. 

"I..I don't know?" 

"Ok, I give you time to think."

Mina cried silently. Her mom rub her back, soothing her. Mama Myoi lean to Mina's ears and said, "It's time to tell her" Mina knew she can never hide. Especially the baby bump will soon be visible. This is her destiny, but did she liked it? No. Did she accepted it? Yes, what happened happen already. 

2 months and 2 weeks since the party happened. She's been pregnant for 6 weeks, 1 month and 2 weeks to be exact. She's been bottling everything inside for that long. Stressed, frustrated, guilt...everything you name it.

And she knew it is not good for her baby, she should not be selfish for now on since she's not living alone, there's a innocent baby inside her, meaning she's carrying two lives in her. She have to take care not just herself but for the baby as well.

"Chaeyoungie.." She called out. 

"Hmm?"

Mina took a deep breath, wiping her tears and quickly glance at her mom that was smiling to encourage her.

"C-can you come here?"

"What?"

"Can you come here in Japan?...before the graduation practice starts?"

"I don't get it."

"I..I need to tell you something.."

"Can you not say it here?" Mina shook her head even though they didn't see each other.

"No. This should be t-talk in person."

"Can it wait till the graduation end?"

Mina shook her head again. "No. Please, and...I miss you"

Chaeyoung sigh, thinking if she will. Well, she have a money to come in Japan, but sudden? She did missed her too, she wanted to see her, hug her, kiss her, but-- fucked it, she's too whipped for her.

"Sure."

"You will?"

"Yes, it's thursday, so when do you want me to come there?"

"Tomorrow. So we can still have time in weekends. Please stay for 3 days, please?" 

"Sure, sunday evening will be my flight back, how about that?"

"Yes." 

"I'll book a flight now"

"I love you, so much"

"I love you more too. I'll see you tomorrow night" 

"Yes, please."

Chaeyoung chuckle. "Ok. I'll go off now. Break time is over. Take care"

"Yes you too"

End of call.

Mina look at her mom, tears strained on her cheeks and she hug her, tightly.

"Mom.."

Her mom rubbed her back. "You did the right choice. I'm proud of you." Mina remained silence, only her sob can be heard, safely secured on her mom's embrace.

//

NeAR!!