<27> Narrative²

Chaeyoung is calling...
Reject || Answer

"Chaeyoung.."

"Minari~~" Chaeyoung chuckled through the phone. "Minari~ what are you doin' right now?" Chaeyoung's voice slurred.

Mina frowned, "Chaeyoung, are you drunk?" She rose up, worry evident on her face as she thought of a drunk Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung chuckled, "Meee? Hmm, maybee?" Chaeyoung hiccup. "W-who knows?" Chaeyoung grinning childishly as she chugged on the drink she was holding.

Mina only shook her head, she sighed. "You are completely drunk, Chaeyoung. Where are you right now?"

Chaeyoung laughed, "Why? Are you coming here to fetch me? Will you fly here to Korea right now?" There was a slight seriousness in her voice but Mina ignored it for now.

Mina shook her head. "Chaeyoung, where are you? Are your friends there for you?"

"No one is here." She heard her chuckle again.

Chaeyoung sat on the pavement while holding the bottle of soju in her hand. "Chaeyoung, you should call your friends to bring you home. It's late and dangerous for you."

"But what if I want you to bring me home?"

Mina sighs, "You know it's impossible because I'm here in Japan."

"Yeah yeah." She said nonchalantly.

"Chaeyoung-ah, I'm serious you should call you friends-"

"I'll call them later. I just want to ask you something." Chaeyoung bit her lips in anticipation. "Because, maybe this is my only chance to tell you this. It may be the alcohol talking but I know for sure what I am feeling for you."

All of a sudden, Mina's heart beats faster. She doesn't know why she suddenly felt nervous, or maybe she's scared about what Chaeyoung will tell her.

Chaeyoung heaves a deep sigh, "Why does it hurt to like you?"

"You're hurting me right now." Chaeyoung fidget the hem of her shirt, "Everytime you talk about him I feel like my heart is struck by a thunder. It hurts because I know he's good for you. And I hate how I think you deserve a second chance. Because I'm willing to give up this feeling for your happiness."

Chaeyoung smiles bitterly. "I'm sorry for keeping this feeling for you. I didn't intend to have this, it just came."

"I like you Mina." She finally tells how her heart's been beating her name. "I don't know when it started, it may sound cliche but I just woke up one day and my heart is suddenly beating for you." She chuckles at her silliness.

Mina was beyond shock. She didn't see this coming, it just doesn't make sense how Chaeyoung had feelings for her. The latter was too good for her and she feels she doesn't deserve this kind of person in her life to begin with.

After a long silence. Mina spoke, "Chaeyoung–"

"Chaeyoung! What are you thinking?! Nayeon, get the soju away from her."

Mina heard someone in the background chatter sounds could be heard from her line and a hush firm voice. "Chaeyoung, stop drinking please. We'll bring you home. Don't cry please."

Mina bit her lips when she heard that the latter was crying.

"I-I'm talking to Mina on the p-phone right now." Chaeyoung slurred.

"Talk to her when you're sober. It's not a good thing to call someone in a drunken state, Chaeng. Call her tomorrow and apologize. You're tired, and you need to rest. Why are you drinking in the first place?" Nayeon sighed, shaking her head in disappointment.

Then she was startled when she heard her name being called. "Mina-ssi, this is Nayeon, Chaeyoung's friend. I'm so sorry if she says something...weird to you." Nayeon put it that way, she doesn't know why Chaeyoung called her in the first place.

"No, no., it's fine. I'm glad you're there for her."

"Good to know that. I'm hanging up now."

"Okay, thank you. Please take care of Chaeyoung for me." Nayeon smiled.

"Sure, bye."

Mina hummed. She sighs and takes a deep breath.

"Please wait for me, Chaeng." 

:)