<100> Narrative¹⁵

Christmas had already passed. The two, as usual, called each other during that day the only way to filled the longiness with each other. Thanking how much technology helped in this kind of situation.

Chaeyoung and Mina slightly talked about the house that took their interest. Mina mentioned how her parents love the house too, it's just simple, spacious and most importantly, felt like home, they stated. 

Mina's parents also talked to Chaeyoung - using Mina's phone. They talked privately, just Mina's both parents and Chaeyoung. They talked about her plan. Again. Chaeyoung mentioned finding job is on her list already, she also said that she's waiting for the job interview that made Mina's parents happy to heard her news.

Days passed and it's already New Year. Another important celebration that they aren't celebrated together.

"I already talked to the landlord and she told me that the house is still available." Chaeyoung spoke, face showed on Mina's phone. They were having a video call at 2am, January 1.

Mina hummed, fighting the sleepiness she felt. She bob her head, "That's good then" Chaeyoung on the other part of the world yawned.

"So, we will take it? If so, I can do give her the down payment to close the deal" 

Mina yawned. "You sure? You'll do the down payment?" Chaeyoung hummed.

"I have enough money in my bank account. I already gave my mom and my lil bro enough money for them. So no worries" She speak out, looking at her screen - to Mina.

"But I wanted to give the half too"

Chaeyoung sighed, "How about this, I'll give the down payment today and next time you will. Deal?" Mina smile, knowing that Chaeyoung can't win against her.

"Sure. But what's the whole cost if we buy the house?"

Chaeyoung think for a moment, remembering what conversation she had with the landlord last week. "700M Won, she had told me. I asked her about the same question and she's open to whom will buy that house"

Mina nod her head. "Well, that's a good deal" 

Chaeyoung hummed. "Yes it is. So?"

Mina arc her eyebrows. "I am just thinking what if we buy the house instead of renting it?"

"But-" Chaeyoung stop for a moment, safely choosing her words. "You want?"

Mina shrugged her shoulder. "Just thinking. Renting it for 2M Won for month is way more convenient buying it for 700M Won. Don't you think so?"

That made Chaeyoung think. Well to be practical, it is more way convenient buying the whole house. Plus other expenses needed like groceries, bills, taxes and so on. 2M Won plus those will cost more than and probably exceed 2M Won.

"We'll think about that" Chaeyoung smile.

Chaeyoung thinking if she can afford the cost of the whole house if they will buy it. Her money might be enough for giving the first down payment, but buying the whole house cost for 700M Won - equivalent of working lifetime in coffee shop and the 24/7 store - it might probably not enough until the last breath.

Mina nod her head. She yawned again, her eyes is betraying her. Chaeyoung noticed it and spoke once again. "Well, Happy New Year, love." She smile. "I missed you and I love you" Mina smile.

"Happy New Year again, babe. And I love you more and I missed you more than you think" Chaeyoung chuckle at her cheesiness.

"Take care always and I love you. Send my greeting to you parents" Mina nod her head. "Go ahead and sleep now. We've been talking since we started the count down" Mina chuckle.

"I know right. And send my greeting to you mom and your brother"

"Yes maam"

"Goodnight, I love you" 

"I love you too. Goodnight" Chaeyoung smile before ended the video call and sleep straight ahead.

//

boring chap I know. but...just wait a lil  more. :) he he he