#4

Tw: cutting and suicidal thoughts

Yay! Another song oneshot! This one is based on "The Ghost of You," by My Chemical Romance. Lyrics are in italics.

Also, you should probably bring tissues :)

Nico PoV:

I never said I'd lie and wait forever
If I died, we'd be together

He was gone. Nothing could change that. He died valiantly fighting a battle that he shouldn't have been fighting. His death hurt me more than anything else. By now I gave up on feeling because it hurt too much. I wanted to go with him, but I knew he wouldn't like that.

I can't always just forget her
But she could try
At the end of the world
Or the last thing I see

He was probably in Elysium, having the time of his life. I could be forgotten, but I would remember. His face implanted in the front of my brain, following everywhere I go.

You are
Never coming home
Never coming home
Could I? Should I?

The bittersweet need for feeling overcame me. I found a razor blade, and made the first line. This one was crooked, symbolizing my need to be with him, but knowing he wouldn't like that decision.

And all the things that you never ever told me
And all the smiles that are never ever...
Ever...

The second cut was for all the moments we would miss. This one stung, bringing feeling. I would never again see his smiles, feel his hand in mine, never feel his soft curls running through my fingers. I couldn't wake up in his arms, safe in his embrace. We couldn't sneak to my cabin's back entrance to avoid the harpies, trying not to laugh but utterly failing.

Get the feeling that you're never
All alone and I remember now
At the top of my lungs in my arms she dies
She dies

The third cut was for the way he went down. An arrow piercing his heart; it's ironic his father didn't stop that dam arrow. I thought Apollo loved him, but maybe not as much as I thought. He died with my name on his lips and a kiss to the cheek.

At the end of the world
Or the last thing I see
You are
Never coming home
Never coming home
Could I? Should I?

The fourth cut was long and deep. That would be the one to kill me, the one to bring me to Will. I want to be with him, but continuing the pain right now is addicting. I almost let the blade hit my neck, but resisted. I'll leave my death up to the fates for now.

And all the things that you never ever told me
And all the smiles that are ever gonna haunt me

The fifth cut was curved, like a smile. I would miss his voice, lulling me into and almost dreamless sleep. The times when we dreamed aloud, discussing our plans for adulthood. When the campers cringed away from me, he was by my side, glaring them away and giving me a comforting talk. Now if I went outside all I would get was looks of faked pity.

Never coming home
Never coming home
Could I? Should I?
And all the wounds that are ever gonna scar me
For all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me

The sixth cut was for him saving my life multiple times. Bianca's death, Tartarus, Cupid, they didn't matter now. He chased away their demons, gave me a reason to live. They still haunted me, but Will gave me strength to push through. I traced over a faded white line with my finger on my leg from my first cut. It was made right after Bianca's death.

If I fall
If I fall (down)

At the end of the world
Or the last thing I see
You are
Never coming home
Never coming home
Never coming home
Never coming home
And all the things that you never ever told me
And all the smiles that are ever gonna haunt me
Never coming home
Never coming home
Could I? Should I?
And all the wounds that are ever gonna scar me
For all the ghosts that are never gonna...

I lifted the blade to my neck. I wouldn't harm my heart; his death wouldn't be mine. It was too painful to think about. I pushed the blade in, sinking into the soft flesh of my neck. The warm crimson liquid spilled to join my arms like a multiple-tiered waterfall. I pushed the blade deeper, making the blood fall thicker and faster. It was a wonder I didn't pierce a vein or something yet but I wish I had.

Suddenly, the blade went flying from my hand. The cuts all sewed themselves together, and the blood disappeared. A figure appeared at the door, seemingly wrapped in shadows. My father.

He walked in, set down a stray soul on the nearby bed, and sat down next to it. He was disappointed in me, I could tell. Hades wordlessly snapped his fingers, and the soul next to him grew. It grew to the size of a teenage boy, so painfully similar to Will that tears dripped down my face for the first time since they had run out. The figure started glowing, taking form. Wisps turned to fingers, and then arms, and then I was actually looking at him.

Will.

My father brought Will back to me. Will ran over to me and silently hugged me. I pulled away to bring him into a kiss, need and passion moving us. I broke away to get air and smiled. My father stood and simply said, "I want you to be happy," and dissolved into the shadows.

Will started inspecting my now healed arms, muttering about how he should have stopped it. He shook his head and looked up. He looked as he always had; his golden hair in a mop on his head, those bright eyes, his toned arms and ratty camp shirt. I fell into his embrace again. I nodded off, the last thought in my mind being Will.

_________________
So I did stray away from the song at the end, but I liked it. Oh, and 2 uploads today?! On April fools?! Eh, I felt like it.