#8

I WILL NOT ACCEPT THE EVENTS OF BURNING MAZE, OKAY! I'm not gonna specify what happens, but you'll see what I mean. Happy Easter for those who celebrate! And happy Passover! (especially for those who get trapped at family Seders and just want to write but your parents get mad at you..... I can empathise.)
__________________

Nico PoV:

I was having a nice day just doing nothing in my cabin. Then Percy decided it was a lovely idea to invite me to whatever the was doing. I was rudely dragged out of my cabin to the dining pavilion, where the rest of the seven plus a few others were waiting. Since quite a bit of the camp was gone, we could sit wherever.

Annabeth was speaking to the whole group when we arrived. "....and we can't put any eggs in the forest, because we don't want to loose too many campers. And- oh, hey Nico."

Annabeth stopped talking as soon as I sat down. "So what brings you here? Is it Percy? Did he mention that Will would be participating?" She shot me a sly grin. Once Will and I had gotten together, they actually yelled so loud that would have woken up the entire camp.

Percy shook his head, chuckling a bit. "I didn't say anything about sunshine boy, I just dragged him."

That earned a bit of laughter, but I was still pissed off. "What the Hades are we doing that involves eggs? This better not be a sex ed thing. Last time you tried that it was a disaster."

Piper spoke, "We're having and egg hunt! Since we have a lot of younger campers, we wanted to get them involved in something not grotesque, such as war."

At least she had a good reason for this. I may be dead inside, but at least I care about children's needs. I summoned some lunch, consisting of a ham sandwich and some chocolate chip cookies. I had been eating more ever since the war, and now I had an actual appetite. I quietly ate lunch while everyone else prepared for the camp egg hunt.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°time skip!•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Today was Sunday, the day of the egg hunt. It was also Easter, but who really cared about anything but chocolate and jelly beans. Will, the seven and I as well as a lot of other helper campers set a bunch of eggs around camp. Everyone was exhausted, but we all still smiled as the younger campers went to find some eggs.

Will left, saying he had some things to attend to. Percy and Annabeth were running the hunt. Jason, Piper, and Frank were helping out the really little campers; some parents knew their other parent and wanted them to be raised in a safe space.

It was just me and Hazel, watching the kids running around and picking up tiny plastic eggs. We had grabbed lawn chairs from the big house attic and some lemonade as well. We traded the pitcher back and forth as our red solo cups emptied.

Too soon, the sun began to set. The final eggs were picked up, and everyone was herded back to their cabins. I wasn't tired because of all the sugar I had just consumed (A/N bc here, in America, you add a few cups of sugar into something, say fuck it, and add in a shit ton more. That's how we roll :p) so I ran back to my cabin.

The dark door swing open to reveal, well, not my usual decor. Fairy lights were strung on every wall, fake grass covered the floor, and stuffed rabbits littered the room. Someone had worked hard to spice up my cabin. I noticed a sheepish Will laying on my bunk, giving me a small, scared looking smile. It took me a bit to process that Will, the person who singlehandedly forced me to be healthy, was nervous about upsetting me.

I may have laughed my ass off.

He looked so scared of me, and it was hard for me to imagine him as tiny wittwle Will who is scwared of evewyding.

He gave me his usual mischievous "I could tattle on you or seduce you" grin, then opened his arms wide. "I have my own little egg hunt for you, that ends in a surprise." I rolled my eyes, knowing he probably had a sexy bunny costume that he was just itching to put on. He left the room and my eyes scouted out the room.

A flash of pink caught my eye, right my the foot of my bed. I picked up the plastic egg and cracked it open. There was a tiny gold key resting inside. I pocketed it and kept searching. I found an egg under my pillow, hidden in the Hades shrine and one in the statue's hand. Another was in my closet, and yes, I did come out once I found the egg. Each egg had a matching gold key that I pocketed. Will had started watching me by the time I had found the second egg.

He called out, "Only one more to go and I bet you won't find it!"

I smirked, getting a good idea. I walked over to him and pressed him against the wall. I heard his breath hitch at the sudden movement. My quick fingers carried out my plan from there. My hand quickly slipped into his pants and back out, finding no egg. His expression was absolutely priceless though.

I continued to hunt for the last egg. After 30 minutes and nothing, I gave up. I plopped down on the fake grass and huffed. Will noticed and sat behind me, and wrapped his legs around me, trapping me in a Will cocoon. His flared jeans had little strings falling off that tickled my ankles.

I almost fell asleep right in his arms. The sun had set at least an hour ago and I need my sleep! But as my eyes looked around the room for one last time, a flash of cyan blue found my attention. I pulled out the last egg, taped to the inside of Will's jeans.

He stood up and grabbed my hand. For the second time this weekend, I was dragged somewhere against my will. He stopped in front of his cabin and unlocked the door. Neither of us worried about the harpies anymore because they were so scared of me, a depressing feature yet still a perk of being a son of Hades.

We walked over to his bunk and he pulled out a small brown box with five keyholes. I took out the five keys I collected and pit them into each lock. The box popped open, revealing a silver necklace. It had a pendant reading "ghost king" on it. In my sleepy state, I took it out of the box and hooked the clasp on the back of my neck. I promptly fell asleep on Will's bunk, exhausted.