#5

Ah, revenge.

I'm writing this on the fly, so it'll be bad. But this is revenge. If it's you then you know what I'm talking about. And I need another alternate ending, a fluffy, happy ever after one. *cough JustASolangeloStan cough go follow them cough*

This oneshot is based on, "The Light Behind Your Eyes," by My Chemical Romance. Why another MCR song? Bc I'm obsessed. I also love this song. And I love making people cry :)

Tw: suicide
Lyrics in italics again!

So long to all of my friends
Every one of them met tragic ends

I stumbled into the Hades cabin bathroom. I needed to be alone, away from everything. My own head is even against me. I can't fucking deal with this anymore. The medicine cabinet glinted dangerously in the dim light. It was so easy to open...

With every passing day 
I'd be lying if I didn't say
That I miss them all tonight
And if they only knew what I would say

The cabinet was opened, it's contents now everywhere on the dark floor, contrasting to the white of the bottles. They came in all different shapes and sizes, but all of them contained drugs. Any large amount would kill me, and I knew it. My newfound friends would weep, but I would tell them from the shadows how much they truly meant to me.

If I could be with you tonight
I would sing you to sleep
Never let them take the light behind your eyes

I felt a mental lightning strike hit me; Will. He was the only person I was happy to be around. He was so happy, so perfect. I couldn't be that for him. Yet he remained by my side. Our times together consisted of happy nights, ones we would never forget. He always claimed I had a lovely voice while he sounded like a "dying chicken with a lung infection." But he still sang to me. His words were so relaxing. But I still knew I should go.

One day I'll lose this fight
As we fade in the dark
Just remember you will always burn as bright

The smooth pills fell down my throat. They were tasteless, but still sweet. Black suddenly hit me full in the face and I knew I was done, gone.

Be strong and hold my hand
Time becomes for us, you'll understand

His tiny, frail figure was lying on the bed. His dark clothes may have contrasted against the white sheets, but his skin all but blended in. The heart monitor was beeping, showing life, but it was slowing. He consumed five very strong pills. I don't even know which issue were they for. I had prescribed them not knowing what their use would end up. Nico was- no, is- such a good fighter, so why could he not defeat his own demons?

We'll say goodbye today 
And I'm sorry how it ends this way
If you promise not to cry
Then I'll tell you just what I would say

I grabbed his hand as the monitor said his heart rate had just hit 40. And then I lost it. Tears crashed down my face with the force of a waterfall, staining the sheets. My hands rested against his own tiny, pale one. They were as cold as death. I felt an odd black creep into my vision as I collapsed on top of him.

If I could be with you tonight
I would sing you to sleep
Never let them take the light behind your eyes

I stood up in an inky blackness, seeing no end nor any light. Then I could make out a small figure sitting in the edges of the shadows. Nico. I ran to him and fell beside him. My hand found his and I gripped it tightly. We just sat for a bit. I was the first to speak: "Why?" He sighed and rested his head on my shoulder, saying nothing. Words came to mind, and soon after the melody came out of my throat: "You are my sunshine."

I'll fail and lose this fight
Never fade in the dark
Just remember you will always burn as bright

Will was crying. I had pulled him into a death trance, slowing down the time for us, just a bit. I love him so much it hurts. When "You are my Sunshine" cane out of his mouth I nearly lost it too. But I kept my head on his shoulder and kept calm. I was dying, after all. Death tasted so sweet for me after all I'd been through. But it wouldn't for Will; he was the brightest flame I've seen. But even I knew lights could fade.

The light behind your eyes
Sometimes we must grow stronger and
You can't be stronger in the dark
When I'm here, no longer
You must be stronger and

Death would claim me soon. I could feel the tug of my soul being ripped from my body, so I spoke.
"Will. I love you, so much more than you will ever know. I can't stay, but you can. Be strong for me."

If I could be with you tonight
I would sing you to sleep
Never let them take the light behind your eyes
I failed and lost this fight
Never fade in the dark
Just remember you will always burn as bright

The darkness claimed my soul. It felt like a piece of plastic being ripped off an ice cream container. I was just waiting to discover the sweetness that awaited me. Will wanted me to fight but I couldn't. My last thought was towards Will- you are the light behind my eyes.

The light behind your eyes

Will left Nico's trance state as death claimed him. Will sobbed, but he knew that there was only one way to see his love again.
The light behind your eyes

The shrouds were burned, the bodies lowered into the ground. Two suicides, one just an hour after the other. One grave though, as the two bodies laid together, hands forever intertwined. No light was left in them anymore.

__________________
Sorry if the PoV changes were weird. But I'm not sorry if you cried. Just saying. Thankfully none of you (who actually wants to kill me) know where I live! Yay! I don't want to die yet!