#7 (AU)

This oneshot is based on "ocean eyes" by Billie Eilish. Lyrics are in BOLD because she's not in italics (If anyone gets the reference, I like you).

Nico PoV:

I've been watching you
For some time
Can't stop staring
At those ocean eyes

High school. The bane of every teen's existence. It's hard enough with teachers giving you a shit ton of work, but having a crush just sucks. Especially when it's the school's top athlete. And he's definitely straight too. I literally have no chance. Not to mention our history...

Burning cities
And napalm skies
Fifteen flares inside those ocean eyes
Your ocean eyes

I knew I liked him. The way his curly blond hair bounced, the sparkle in his blue, ocean-like eyes... He was perfect. I was scrawny and dark, even at five years old. Yet we were so close we could have been brothers. We were "chillin" on the monkey bars when he saw someone else. Another boy, but someone like Will rather than me. The two of them became good, even best friends. Will would start to hang out with me less until we barely knew eachother. We became strangers. So why was I still so painfully obsessed with him?

No fair
You really know how to make me cry
When you give me those ocean eyes

We had Math and theatre together. Two out of my seven school hours spent on staring at him, five thinking about him. He took up every thought I had, and everything I did was to try to get closer to him. I tried out for soccer, for crying out loud! School had just ended, giving me time to be miserable outside of class. Blinking out tears, I found a back exit. The hard brick of the school building felt reassuring against my back, being, well, my support. I could see the outdoor basketball courts not too far away filled with the sweaty players from this year's team. Wait. Shit. Will's on the basketball team.

I'm scared
I've never fallen from quite this high
Falling into your ocean eyes
Those ocean eyes

I ran. I grabbed my backpack and ran. There's no way I would let him glance at me when I'm so raw and vulnerable. I felt like I was flying over the grass. I found my car- a beat up red Toyota. And I drove home like a killer was chasing me.

No fair
You really know how to make me cry
When you give me those ocean eyes
I'm scared
I've never fallen from quite this high
Falling into your ocean eyes
Those ocean eyes

Home offered me a quiet space where I could walk in, throw down my bag, and collapse. Math and English would have to wait. Earbuds and depressing music were what I needed. I shuffled songs from The Black Parade. Why, oh why does the first song have to be "I Don't Love You?" I wish that was me. All I could think about was Will, Will, Will, and those damned eyes like oceans. The doorbell rings downstairs, but I ignore it. If Hazel is home, she can unlock it herself. But apparently Hazel just got home after me, because she calls up to me.

"Someone's at the door for you."

She's a sweet girl, but she really has no clue when to not talk to me. For her, I'll get up and see who it is. It can't be anyone bad.

I've been walking through
A world gone blind

Basketball practice lets out a whole half hour early, so I grab my blue schoolbag head out quickly. I'm not going into the locker rooms, ever. The air is too suffocating for someone like me. Plus, I have all my clean clothes at home and a shower I can be positive isn't covered in the results of a peer's engaging in, ah, activities. The wind feels good as I walk across the field to the school parking lot, and I see a figure starting up a car, and my heart drops.

Can't stop thinking of your diamond mind

It's Nico di Angelo. The mysterious kid in the back of the room. The emo. The only kid who's never had a girlfriend the whole school knows about. The boy who gives a "fuck off" vibe.

The super cool kid I may have fallen in love with.

Careful creature
Made friends with time

Granted, he didn't know who I was. Besides, we were polar opposites. Dark, emo boy versus the school's "golden boy" and shit. I bet he didn't even know who I was since we rarely came into contact. Math and theatre, sure, but he sat so far in the back he might as well blend into the shadows. He was so careful, so meticulous with every move he made. I watched Nico drive off like he was being chased, and that's when I made a spur-of-the-moment decision. I would follow him home.

He left her lonely with a diamond mind
And those ocean eyes

I watched as he entered his house, slamming the glass door and marching upstairs. He looked frazzled; and all I could think about is wanting to fix that. Such loneliness should be cured somehow, right? But to find a cure, you need to find the cause. So I hopped out of my car and walked up to their door. I took a deep breath and pressed the doorbell.

No fair
You really know how to make me cry
When you give me those ocean eyes
I'm scared
I've never fallen from quite this high
Falling into your ocean eyes
Those ocean eyes

The two boys stared at eachother, waiting for someone to make the first move.

Will began, "Hey, Nico, can I-"

"Listen. I'm tired, I have no fucking clue why you're here, and I need rest. So please go." Nico butted in.

But neither boy moved. Nico made no move to slam the door and storm away, but instead just stood, looking at his feet. Will simply fidgeted with his keys. They became antsy very quickly. Will broke the silence.

"Nico, I need to talk to you. It's important."

No fair
You really know how to make me cry
When you give me those ocean eyes
I'm scared
I've never fallen from quite this high
Falling into your ocean eyes
Those ocean eyes

"Fine. Talk away."

But Will didn't speak. His nose became sprinkled in a red blush and his palms went slick. But then a moment hit him- an "Oh, fuck it. What can go wrong" moment. A "I'll deal with the consequences later" moment, and maybe a "this feels right" moment.

Will wiped his sweaty hands on his shirt, and stood tall. He looked Nico in the eyes, causing him to flinch away. And before Will could think of changing his mind, his right hand cupped Nico's cheek and kissed him.

________________
So guess who's been really fucking lazy?

I'm not dead, I just had really shit writers block. Like, I started this oneshot LAST MONTH. And I haven't posted another in A MONTH.

First, I'm really sorry.

Second, I am over 2.3k reads.
2.3K READS?! ON MY SHIT?!
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!

Anyways, have a lovely day fluffballs!