Chapter 13

Lilly's pov:

On the day of the royal ball, around 1 in the afternoon, there was a knock on the front door of my cottage. When I opened it, there were three women holding armloads of dresses, shoes and accessories.

"Prince Loki sent us," they explained, "to help you chose something to wear to the ball tonight."

I invited them in, went into my room and told them to lay the things on my bed, "what style should I go with?" I asked, having absolutely no idea what to wear to a royal ball.

"Definitely elegant," one woman stated.

"But it has to be subtle too, that's what makes someone look irresistible," the other declared.

"Elegant, yet subtle, with the right finishing touches, no one will know you're not royalty," the eldest woman spoke with a kind smile.

I tried on many dresses and fancied myself in nothing until a piece of dark green silk caught my eye. I pulled it from the pile, and stared in awe at the magnificent gown, trying it on I found it fitted perfectly. There were folds and beautiful golden designs on the dress, it has off the shoulder sleeves and a fuffle in the centre of the chest resembling a rose. The dress was layered at the bottom, so when I twirled quickly, a flurry of dark green silk, white lace and gold material could be seen.

I discided on gold high heels - but not too high and a diamond pendant necklace with matching earrings; I still wore my golden bracelet that my father gave me, for I swore many years ago that I would never take it off - I was so fortunate that I had managed to hide from the guards while in the prison. My wavy golden hair was brushed neatly over my shoulders with a pretty braid cascading down the side, and a pure white flower was put behind my ear.

This is how I imagine Lilly's dress to look

And this is her hairstyle.

"There!" The three women declared several hours later standing back to admire their work, "you're ready."