Chapter 14

If you guys are enjoying the story please leave a comment and let me know what you think:)

Lilly's pov:

I stood in the crowd holding my breath, Thor was about to be crowned king of Asgard. I glanced over at Loki, he looked serious, sad and almost angry, all at the same time. I felt anger too, Thor was reckless and didn't deserve the throne, he was far from ready; it should've been Loki up there.

"I now pronounce you, Thor," Odin continued, snapping me out of my daze, "....frost giants."

'What?' I thought.

Then I heard noises and realized we were under attack, everyone ran, either towards the fighting or away from it; I ran to Loki, "what's going on?" I asked.

"The frost giants have gotten into Asgard," he replied, strangely calmly.

"What do we do?" I questioned.

"You should go and wait in the east hall, no one will be there," Loki instructed, "you'll be safe there."

I nodded but wasn't happy as I made my way out of the throne room - I could fight well and wield a dagger 'brilliantly' according to my mentor, who was now telling me to go hide.

I wandered around the east hall for a long while staring at all the different kinds of food on the tables, this was indeed a grand room. Suddenly I heard footsteps and quickly hid behind a marble pillar. It was Thor, and he didn't look happy, I jumped as he angrily overturned a table. I was just about to sneak out of the room when Loki entered and sat next to his brother. I listened to their short conversation, but when Thor mentioned going to Jotunheim jumped out from my hiding spot, "that's far too dangerous!" I exclaimed.

"Lady Lilly, it is the only course worth taking at the present," Thor answered.

I was about to respond when he started a speech about himself leading his friends into magnificent battles, and pretty soon Loki and I were outnumbered and the seven of us were riding towards the Bifrost.

When we finally got there and went in, I noticed Loki quietly talking to Heimdall, and was curious to what about, but said nothing. Before the Bifrost opened, Loki walked over to me and whispered, "are you sure you want to do this? You've never been in a fight, let alone a battle - and against frost giants!"

I placed a hand on his shoulder, "yes I'm sure," I replied, "there's always a first battle in a warrior's history, and this will be my first."

Loki didn't look exactly thrilled by my choice but he didn't argue with me, and a few seconds we were being teleported to Jotunheim.

"This is amazing!" I yelled, "it's like nothing in all the planet!"

"It is pretty extraordinary," Loki replied, then told me to be quiet as the Bifrost spat out us out on a cold dreary planet.

The group readied their weapons, so I pulled out the new sword that Loki had made for me only last week and held it in front of me. I felt a strange feeling, my breathing changed and I knew this was real - it was not training anymore; soon I would be face to face with a horrid frost giant. I remained silent as Thor spoke with the King - Laufey, he was terrifying! When he told Thor to leave, I felt a strange relief wash over me, maybe I wouldn't need to fight.