Chapter 21

I'm sorry this chapter is so short.

Thor's pov:

Lilly didn't wake up, instead, her heart rate started to decrease even more.

"Please Lilly!" I begged, "come back! Loki wanted me to keep you safe!" My voice then changed to a pained whisper, "you can't die too," a tear slid down my cheek, "he loved you so much and wanted you to live a long, happy life. Please come back - please."

Lilly's pov:

"Come back!" I hear Thor saying.

But I don't want to. I am so close! So close to being reunited with Loki - to escape the pain and everything of this world.

"You can't die too," Thor finished, making me stop to think.

Loki did say that - I remember, he wouldn't want me to die - not for him, but I want this so bad.

"He loved you so much and wanted you to live a long, happy life."

He did, and I should, and then join him once I have lived my life.

"Please come back," Thor still pleaded.

I am struggling - I don't want to go, but Loki wanted me to live, and so does Thor, and so would my Mother. I know what I have to do, I have to wait until it is truly my time to go. Normal people don't get second chances, they don't get a chance to beat death. Alright, if Thor calls again, I'll do it - for you Loki.

"Please!"

Alright, alright. I'll come back. I struggle to regain conciseness, and I have a bit more feeling and control now. But it's so hard, it's like I'm stuck in cement, like those dreams you can't escape from. I have, I have to open my eyes.

Thor's pov:

I had given up, Lilly was gone. I felt another tear slide down my cheek, "I'm sorry Loki," I whispered, then my voice broke to a sob, "I'm so sorry Brother - I tried."

Suddenly Lilly opened her eyes and gasped for air. I felt relief wash through my body, if this whole being unconscious was mental I now knew more strongly than ever that I had to wipe her memory. She had wanted to die, to be with Loki and I understood that, but Lilly had her whole life in front of her, and I decided I would get rid of her hurt and giver her a fresh start.

"Thor?" Lilly groaned, trying to sit up.

"Shh," I comforted, laying her back down, "just rest."

She laid back and closed her eyes, and I knew it was now or never. I placed my hand on her forehead and felt a surge of power flow through me into her, "I now erase all memory of the time this woman spent with Loki, that she may never again remember it. I send her to a place already prepared for her, but let her still remember me as a friend. Anything she required shall be hers. I send her to Midgard, when she arrives may she only remember leaving here as a glad change, knowing that her mother is cared for," I took a deep breath, "now, with the power of Thor son of Odin, I wipe all said memory from Lilly Elizabeth Lyre's mind!"

Suddenly a burst of power shot from my hand into Lilly, she gasped and her eyes turned white, then slowly returned to normal, "Thor?" She whispered, "what happened, where am I?"

"You're in the palace," I replied, "you were sick, but the healers are treating you, just rest, you're moving to Midgard next week, remember?'

"Yes," she replied, almost sadly, "I'm going to miss this place - thank you for caring for me."

"As long as there is breath left in me, I will always care for you," I whispered.