Chapter 27

Lilly's pov:

We got back to our apartment in a pretty good mood after our discussion outside the store that night. After cleaning the dinner dishes I stated, "I'm going to get some ice cream out now, and seriously, it's ten times better than any desert Asgard ever made!"

"Hmm, that's a pretty serious statement, are you sure you want to make such a big accusation?" Loki asked with a playful smile.

"Oh yeah, I'm very sure," I replied with a small giggle.

"Then let's judge this ice cream shall we?" Loki asked.

I nodded and got the tub from the freezer, opened it and served a scoop each into two small bowls, placing two spoons in them, "you know, there are heaps of different flavours of ice cream, but this one is my favourite," I explained.

I sat the bowls ad myself down and dug my spoon into the sweet treat; "mmm," I moaned taking a bight, "come on! Tell me what you think!"

 Loki smiled at me and tried some.

"Well?! I asked impatiently.

Loki smiled at my eagerness, "eheheheh, I belive agree with your accusation my lady," he replied.

"See? I told you," I replied, "I could live on ice cream!"

Loki laughed again, "I'm sure you could," he replied.

"Oh!" I exclaimed, "I have to take you to Starbucks in the morning!"

Loki looked curious, "what's that?" He asked, then it was my turn to laugh.

"What so funny?" He asked.

"Oh, nothing, it's just that; that's exactly what I said when Natasha asked if I wanted to go," I explained.

"Well, you seem quietly accustomed to Midgard's way of life now," Loki stated.

"Yeah, I guess I am," I replied, "but I've never forgotten Asgard, not for a moment, it's my home - and I miss it a lot actually."

"So do I Lilly," Loki stated sadly, "but I doubt I will ever see it again."

"Don't say that," I replied, "you and I will see our homeland again, I'm sure. I couldn't go on if I didn't believe that."

An hour later Loki and I were snuggled up on the couch watching Titanic, I had insisted he watch it since I loved it so much. Half an hour later Loki turned to me in the scene where Jack and Rose were dancing with the third-class passengers, "she reminds me of you," he remarked.

A bit confused, I asked, "how so?"

"Her spirit," Loki replied, "she doesn't care if society says no, she does what she thinks is right no matter what anyone thinks. You have the same courage and will power, and they're just two of the many things I love about you."

I was so touched, "aww, thank you," I said softly, "that means a lot."

Loki smiled sweetly at me, "you mean a lot to me, my angel," he replied and placed a gentle kiss on my lips. I pulled away a few seconds later, "you're missin' the movie," I stated, trying to hide the blushed that had crept over my cheeks - thank the gods the room was dark.

~~~

The next morning we were on our way to Starbucks by 9 AM, ok maybe I was a little too eager. I had developed quite the addiction to caffeine in the four years I had been on Midgard.