Farewell to Female Dogs

AYE READERS! How are you guys doing? I'm doing pretty good, but my dogs are wearing me out. I'm currently editing a story for the Digital Press about the weird and wild history of North Dakota, which is cool, but it takes up a lot of time. Tis life, I suppose.

Thanks for checking in to read, and please go ahead and follow me, vote for the story, comment, and enjoy 😊 If you have any questions or comments, just let me know, I love responding!

Special thanks to Starryeyedbookwyrm for the comments!!!

Cheers!

Ally Layne.

...

Arwen looked at me in confusion just as the woman in question turned to face the two of us. "Who are you speaking of?" she asked. But this was not right at all.

Annabeth had princess curls, calculating grey eyes, a wicked smile, and a tan that glossed her skin in a soft glow.

This woman was not Annabeth.

She had the princess curls, but that was where it ended. Where Annabeth was sharp and angular, this woman was soft and delicate. Her skin looked like porcelain, just as Arwen's did, and her eyes were a dark brown, not grey. This woman had pointed ears.

My gut clenched.

Annabeth is gone.

"Uh-I..."

Don't throw up here, you idiot!

Arwen gripped my arm with a soothing touch. "Lady Almarian, this is Lady Persephone, the one my father informed you of."

I tried to take deep breaths to try and regulate myself, but I kept on seeing my old friend in front of me.

She's dead, Persie. Let her go.

"Lady Persephone, are you feeling alright?" Lady Almarian asked, not unkindly, as she took a few steps toward me. My breathing picked up.

"I-I'm sorry, it's just, you remind me of someone I used to know."

She bit her lip in concern. "If you need to reschedule, we can do that."

I noticed the concern Arwen had as she held my arm, but I immediately shook my head. I couldn't just keep hiding out of fear. "No, no, I would like to start today if that's okay." The sooner I can start killing stuff the better.

The two elves nodded, though they seemed still a little on edge. I could hardly blame them, as I assume Lady Almarian was probably aware of my anxiety and other issues that kept on popping up.

"We can start now," she agreed. "It is nice to meet you, Lady Persephone. I hope we can make great progress with Sindarin."

I pursed my lips. "Considering my ADHD, dyslexia, and inability to remember anything that mildly annoys me I don't think we'll be having much luck."

Lady Almarian's eyes widened considerably. "Oh-"

Arwen coughed. "What Lady Persephone means to say, is that you will be needing patience when dealing with her. She has a few things that keep her from learning well, and that should be accredited for."

The blonde nodded, although her eyes didn't shrink in size. "All will be well, Lady Arwen. I have faith that I will be able to help Lady Persephone in little to no time."

Arwen smiled. "Good." She turned to me. "I will be leaving you in Lady Almarian's capable hands for the time being."

I nodded but could see the hidden message that lay beneath her eyes. Take it easy on her.