Lessons and Impressions

Hey Readers! How are you all doing?

I just want to thank you for your support, and want to let you know that I currently have another Lord of the Rings story out now called Rise of the Valkyrie and it's going to be pretty lit. I totally hope you guys go read it too and give it a shot!

Thanks again for the amazing support!

Ally Layne.

---

Screams echoed through my pain-ridden nightmares and throughout the night, I was kept waiting for their end. The darkness which shrouded me latched onto my arms and legs, locking my body in place. It never allowed the end to arrive.

A faint light flickered in the distance, and continued to grow, soon overtaking me.

I woke up.

Tears fell from my opening eyes and ran past my neck, dripping onto the silk sheets beneath me.

I lifted a stiff arm, taking note of the new bandages that were wrapped around the wound from the battle, and rubbed the tears from my eyes. Another deep breath later, and I finally looked around and saw that I was alone.

Didn't I ask Glorfindel to stay? He must not have meant it. But that's okay, it's not like I was actually expecting the elf to stay with me the entire night- well, I was, but I understood why he wouldn't.

Actually, I didn't understand, but I had to accept that he left and I couldn't expect anything from the elf I had only known for a few weeks.

I sighed.

"Oh! You are awake!"

Maybe I wasn't as alone as I thought.

Gerda bustled in, holding various gowns of different shades of green and blue in her arms. Her face was flushed and immediately after looking me over she brightened with joy. "It is so nice to see you awake. It has been a long two days for us all, mellon nin."

I paused. "What do you mean, two days?" My eyebrows started to scrunch together. "Was I really sleeping that long?"

She nodded, lying the dresses down upon the ottoman in front of my bed. "Lord Glorfindel explained that you would be exhausted and told everyone not to worry if you would be asleep for long."

I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks at the sound of his name. "Glorfindel told me... uh... he told me he was going to stay," I embarrassedly rattled out, rubbing the back of my neck with my non-wounded arm.

A knowing smile grew on Gerda's face as she sat at the side of the bed, taking my hands in hers. "I assure you he was here as much as he could have been until Lord Elrond had him go back to the village to protect them during their reconstruction period," she told me. "It was rather nice to see a warrior like himself protecting you as you deserve."

I thought about the nightmares but did my best to smile. "I hardly deserve the kindness he has shown me. Really, I hardly deserve the kindness all of you have shown me."

Gerda hid her soft giggles. "I doubt you did anything to deserve the kindness Lady Mirwen has bestowed upon you."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, well, not including her or any of her puppets."

Gerda looked confused. "What are puppets?"

I wracked my brain to try and figure out how to describe what a puppet was, but with the headache from my previous freak-out, it was pretty hard. "Well... they're things that people use to act things out, which basically means she is in control of them I guess."