Beneath the Surface

Dearest Readers,

Thank you all so much for the wonderful comments and helpful suggestions that keep this story afloat. You are all so wonderful and I hope you know that I appreciate you!

Please feel free to follow me for more awesome stories to come, as this part is going to be coming to a close in a few weeks there will be more parts to follow and other stories to be read!

Thank you all for your support,

Ally Layne.

PS: I will now be updating on Thursdays, too! (Tues, Thurs, & Sat)

---

As soon as I made it to the training arena, my eyes locked in on a familiar pulled-back mane of golden hair. His back was turned to me as he was helping another familiar face with teaching archery.

Aldarian, who was watching Glorfindel and Varis as the elf helped the dwarrowdam work on her archery form, looked at my approaching figure curiously. Something inside me made me want to get mad at Varis for some reason, but I decided to put that on the back burner. This wasn't about Varis- this was about the stupid Goldfish and his annoying mannish complexes.

It was when I set my face in a harsh glare at the Goldfish, that Aladarian immediately started to retreat back to the warrior and spoke something harshly to his companion.

I watched as the menace stiffened and turned around to see me stalking toward him like a predator, and immediately his eyes were on the sword that had made its way to my hand.

"Nemir, what are you-"

By the time he had started speaking, I was close enough to him to touch him with Riptide. I let him speak, wondering if he had decided to apologize, but his confusion only annoyed me further.

I swung at him with a sharp battle cry, and I saw his eyes widen dramatically as he quickly parried with his own sword.

"Persie! Stop this!" another voice, Aldarian, cried out.

I heard Varis's gasp sound out from the right of us, and a part of me realized that I had just interrupted her own healing process.

"No! He has to pay!" I yelled out while carrying out a series of violent attacks. Glorfindel never fought back, he only stayed on the defensive while I unleashed vicious strikes upon him.

"What is wrong?" the Goldfish asked, grunting as he blocked a hard hit that was aimed for his neck. He looked between me and where our blades remained collected in shock. "What are you doing?"

I gritted my teeth and felt a faint stinging sensation behind my eyes. "I trusted you!" I spat. "How dare you hold me back!"

"Hold you back? I most certainly have not been holding you back from anything!"

"Oh dear," I heard Varis say. "Do you think we should stop them?"

I kicked out at Glorfindel to put more distance between the two of us, and then went back to attack him again.

"I do not think I would live if I got in between the two of them," Aldarian admitted. He quickly pulled her away from where I was attacking Goldilocks as she had gotten one step too close to the fighting. "I say we just let them sort it out for themselves."

"I trusted you, and you decide that I am not good enough to fight!" I reminded Goldilocks, who still looked confused as to why I was trying to pummel him to the ground. "You have no right to try and control me, you jackass!"